The Student Room Group

inspector calls

how is responsibility being conveyed in the play
swear someone already asked this like not to long ago but they all blame each other for evas death, sheila blames her father, eric blames his mother and i think at one point one of them break down and says its all their fault and so they all take responsibility

i did this last year so i cant remember specifics
Original post by fionaosei
how is responsibility being conveyed in the play

Social responsibility is conveyed through the play through a variety of means
The first is through the inspector as he provokes other characters to think about their actions and the consequences which they have such as saying they are all 'members of one body'
He also shows responsibility through the chain of events and how each character is responsible for what happened to eva smith and inevitably led to her death.
In addition to this he presents the moral message that the audience should be responsible too as they can see the issues of not being and this is further presented as the older generation refuses to accept responsibility for their actions -- this brings the idea of class divides and the young and old into the play as well
Particularly if you show or mention how sheila and eric change and become more responsible and they realise the true error of their ways

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending