The Student Room Group

Complicated story

Hi! My story... Imagine that it is a beginning of the school year and then you find out that you have similar lessons with your crush. The weirdest thing is that we are the only ones that are Polish. At the beginning of the school year, I could feel some sort of an attraction to him! I liked the way he walks, laughs, talks, makes jokes... The most important thing is that he is one of those guys that makes jokes regularly and therefore I wasn't able to think that he would ever like me cause you know there are always better girls/ more suitable. I am sort of shy and more like quiet, but thats just because I was new to the school and anyway! I thought that he was just playing with me - he was close to me often, there was a strong good eye - contact. After like few weeks, we had never talked before which made things hard. Then once, I sort of texted him to find out information about the project that we were supposed to do in the group of two - our history teacher paired us up. He replied with a short reply! That made my mind set on ignoring him, as I thought that he wanted to show me that he is not interested into me. Then, the other day he told our history teacher that we were doing this separately which he meant that he wanted to present the half of the work done on his own! That made me kind of angry, cause he was seem to be a nice guy and I sort of didn't expect him to do this. After that I ignored him - I never ever made an eye contact with him and I acted as he didn't even exist. After a time, I had to look at him anyway cause we either had to work in the group with other people as well, or we sat on the same tables... basically I noticed that he is still around me sometimes, and there is an eye-contact! I understand that there is a sort of attraction to him anyway, but I don't understand him... lets say he is not a shy guy cause he talks/teases other girls and communicating with the other gender is not a problem. I can feel an attraction from him to me as well but after this long time we haven't spoken to each other. Does this means that he is not interested into me?
I am sorry to say that I don't see this guy as the guy for you, at least not now. I recognize that you have a lot in common but I think his not partnering up with you during the project is a big red flag. If he was shy one could perhaps understand and excuse his behavior but that isn't the person that you are describing. If you see him fairly regularly and are placed in work groups together and occasionally the same tables but you have not developed a friendly rapport with him by this point it, frankly, may not happen even if you have good eye contact. Eye contact is important and is the beginning of most relationships but someone is going to have to make the first 'move' even if it just talking or texting. If you've reached out and he did seem responsive and he hasn't reached out for you then, at least for now, what you are experiencing is what you're going to get. He's comfortable with other people....and I hope you have other friends as well.... but until one of you reaches out to the other and it is reciprocated the eye contact is probably all your going to get. I'm sure there are other great guys who'd be happy to get to know you though. Good Luck!
Original post by Hopefully1
I am sorry to say that I don't see this guy as the guy for you, at least not now. I recognize that you have a lot in common but I think his not partnering up with you during the project is a big red flag. If he was shy one could perhaps understand and excuse his behavior but that isn't the person that you are describing. If you see him fairly regularly and are placed in work groups together and occasionally the same tables but you have not developed a friendly rapport with him by this point it, frankly, may not happen even if you have good eye contact. Eye contact is important and is the beginning of most relationships but someone is going to have to make the first 'move' even if it just talking or texting. If you've reached out and he did seem responsive and he hasn't reached out for you then, at least for now, what you are experiencing is what you're going to get. He's comfortable with other people....and I hope you have other friends as well.... but until one of you reaches out to the other and it is reciprocated the eye contact is probably all your going to get. I'm sure there are other great guys who'd be happy to get to know you though. Good Luck!

Thank you! For me it was very important to find out what other people think about this situation! 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
😊!
Ahhhh teen angst :smile:

To be a teenager again and worrying about this kind of **** instead of student loans and job prospects
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending