The Student Room Group

What a time to be alive.

(edited 6 years ago)
Soundslike the baby punches mum (@WoodyMKC)
Reply 2
Article from 2015 in the current affairs section? boi
Reply 4
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Article from 2015 in the current affairs section? boi

Who cares. It happened.
@Dodgypirate

Please stop shitposting.

I mean yeah, it's all fun belittling feminists but you're the retard here given that you believe in the Seth Rich conspiracy nonsense.
The very next article is literally about women writing in their period blood and taking pics of it...

this is nothing ....

It's disgusting, but I resent the "parents must be so proud" comment. People shouldn't live to please and honour their parents. This isn't Pakistan.
Original post by SingAboutMe
It's disgusting, but I resent the "parents must be so proud" comment. People shouldn't live to please and honour their parents. This isn't Pakistan.

wtaf???

So a woman who's spent 17 years feeding, toiling, working and suffering so that I can have a better future than her has no right to be proud in me???

Or if I fail to repay her kindness she has no right to be disappointed??

You don't uinderstand the role of a parent if you think they have no right to expect back from their child.

You might as well say that kids have no right to expect to be fed from their parents.
Original post by Manuster
wtaf???

So a woman who's spent 17 years feeding, toiling, working and suffering so that I can have a better future than her has no right to be proud in me???

If you read my comment carefully, and try to think about the meaning of it, you'll see that isn't actually what I said. It shouldn't be too much of a difficult concept to understand, so hopefully you'll work it out: My point was that a person shouldn't live to please their parents. Of course, it's great if parents feels proud of their kids, and it's always nice when a parent can feel proud of you. But how your parents feel shouldn't dictate how you live.

Quick Reply

Latest