RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So this is a website about the 20th century history and expansion of the town of Swindon, located in England. I started this website back in December 2016, and periodically (regularly if I feel like it) update it.

Swindon is a relatively interesting place from the development side of things. Until the 1840s it was a large village, but Brunel based it as his GWR works base, and since then it has gone to being around 200000 in population.

Features the site currently has include galleries of the Tadpole Garden Village and Coate Water developments currently under construction, a video taken from a double-decker bus of the way I get from the town centre into college every day, and an animated GIF image showing how the town expanded between 1984 and 2016, compiled using public domain NASA imagery. I haven't added much in the last couple of months but will do again soon.

The site also has a forum which I created to allow people to discuss Swindon. Unfortunately it recieved a wave of about 40 spambots earlier this week but I now have that under control. It still needs proper users though, since besides me and my test account, there is only one other legit user.

Anyway, the site can be found at the following address:

http://rjdg14.altervista.org/swindon/

Trivia: I made and edit this site manually with pure HTML/CSS, excluding the forum part which runs on phpBB.
RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Coming soon over the next couple of days, a feature about how the two Swindon constituencies (North and South) are likely to perform in the upcoming general election. Unfortunately the spambots are still coming on the forum, despite having put into place an email verification system, but I'm taking every step to prevent them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed