The Student Room Group

old spec maths gcse

For those lucky students who took the Edexcel maths old spec gcse yesterday - how did you find it? I felt that it was a lot harder than the past papers - but maybe it's just me being an old student turned 50
Reply 1
It was definatly more difficult than previous years although I am expecting either the grade boundaries to be lower or the calculator paper to be eaisier because they've missed out loads of worded questions, ratio, stratisfied sampling and questonare questions which are easy to stack up the marks. Went though my paper and think i've got about 30 marks aiming for a C to get into uni
Ive done so many past papers and this was definitely the hardest one for me. There was a simultaneous question really early on which surprised me as they are normally near the end with the harder stuff. No idea how ive done but think ive done enough for a c at least. Gonna revise like crazy for the calculator one over the next two weeks!
Reply 3
Thank you for your replies - I had to change my name as I lost my password - I think I was stressed! I'm revising now - ratio (hegartymaths on youtube harder problems) Good luck for uni! To thin white duck - hats off for realising it was a simultaneous equation! from doodlesmum alias tess15!

Quick Reply

Latest