the_queen
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I have an offer for September 2017 but without fee status. I have filled the questionare they sent to me, but never heard back from them although I called them many times. Very soon is the deadline for accommodation and to make firm choice.

What to do?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by the_queen)
Hi,

I have an offer for September 2017 but without fee status. I have filled the questionare they sent to me, but never heard back from them although I called them many times. Very soon is the deadline for accommodation and to make firm choice.

What to do?
You need to keep calling - call their admissions team and ask for the name and job title of anyone you speak to. Ask if they've received your questionnaire and when they expect to make a decision.

It's possible to amend your firm/insurance up until mid July with the agreement of all universities involved - and most accommodation will not charge you to cancel if you end up not attending that university.
the_queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You need to keep calling - call their admissions team and ask for the name and job title of anyone you speak to. Ask if they've received your questionnaire and when they expect to make a decision.

It's possible to amend your firm/insurance up until mid July with the agreement of all universities involved - and most accommodation will not charge you to cancel if you end up not attending that university.
Thank you for info.

Every time I call them, the admision officer is not available, just his/her assistant, telling me she will forward my email or request. Still nothing....
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you for info.

Every time I call them, the admision officer is not available, just his/her assistant, telling me she will forward my email or request. Still nothing....
It would be unusual for only one person to be relied on for this sort of thing - which university is it and which number are you calling?
the_queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It would be unusual for only one person to be relied on for this sort of thing - which university is it and which number are you calling?
UCL
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
UCL
Right so according to http://www.ucl.ac.uk/current-student...ee_status_proc the fee status should be completed by your faculty office.

However given the lack of response it would make sense to escalate it by contacting the Head of Undergraduate Admissions (Manager: Sarah West [email protected] ) and copy in her boss the Director of Access & Admissions https://www.ucl.ac.uk/srs/our-servic...ess-admissions

Include your previous correspondence and a timeline of when and how you've contacted them.
the_queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Right so according to http://www.ucl.ac.uk/current-student...ee_status_proc the fee status should be completed by your faculty office.

However given the lack of response it would make sense to escalate it by contacting the Head of Undergraduate Admissions (Manager: Sarah West [email protected] ) and copy in her boss the Director of Access & Admissions https://www.ucl.ac.uk/srs/our-servic...ess-admissions

Include your previous correspondence and a timeline of when and how you've contacted them.
Thank you so much!
Shianti
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks so much. I've been following this as I'm having the same problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.49%
I'm not sure (32)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.32%
I'm not a current university student (356)
48.5%

Watched Threads