The Student Room Group

HELP I read the question wrong!

I just came out of my English lit test, paper 2, I mis-read the first question (I do inspector calls), I wrote about Mr birling when it asked for Mrs birling, will I get any marks for organising and structuring work, vocab, quotes at all?!?

Scroll to see replies

I just did the same thing, I could have sworn the paper said mr birling, however, the people I have asked have said that it was mrs
I did the same thing, I could have sworn it said mr but the people I have asked said it was mrs
Oh ****. Umm, well you could still get some marks, but I wouldn't expect high marks. Maybe you made up for it in the other parts of the paper though, who knows. Sorry.
Reply 4
I'm so sorry but I highly doubt so. Your whole essay needs to focus on answering the question and if you didn't then you're not ticking off AO1, which allows you to progress to AO2. Hopefully your examiners nice!
Original post by Nathnoodle
I just came out of my English lit test, paper 2, I mis-read the first question (I do inspector calls), I wrote about Mr birling when it asked for Mrs birling, will I get any marks for organising and structuring work, vocab, quotes at all?!?

I did the same thing
I did this as well:frown:((
I could have sworn that it said mr but apparently not
Reply 8

I won't lie, at first when I read the question I saw Mr Birling, and when I came out of the exam many others also thought it was Mr Birling at first. However we all did the second question anyway.

Perhaps it was the exam stress that led you to think it was Mr Birling, but don't worry about it. "What's done is done." You may still get marks for AO2, which is separate from AO1. Besides, you still have poetry to gain marks from and the entirety of paper 1, so you can still pass, be even get a 6 or possibly even a 7 if boundaries are low.

I wish you all the best in the future.

I'm sure you will, even if it was the wrong person
Original post by Gcsestudent2017
I just did the same thing, I could have sworn the paper said mr birling, however, the people I have asked have said that it was mrs

I did it too, loads of people at my school did
I dont think you`d get any at all unless you talked about relationship with mrs birling at any point,
Are you lot all okay? Can you read? WTF
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
I dont think you`d get any at all unless you talked about relationship with mrs birling at any point,
Are you lot all okay? Can you read? WTF

Uncalled for . Have some sympathy.
Reply 13
I did the same thing...
Original post by chocolate_ee
Uncalled for . Have some sympathy.

I am genuinely confused at the scale of the incident, i sympathise with them its just that im confused that like 20 different people did it.
They should have said Sybil birling rather be than mrs birling :frown:
To all of you- it's done :smile: it's a very easy mistake to make and the examiners will respect that. You'll lose some marks, but if you've done a good answer for Mr Birling then you should get credit for that and the way you wrote/structured it as well as how you evidenced and anything that you said that was relevant to the question. Try and move on and focus on your other exams, you can't change this now. Hopefully come results day you'll all be pleasantly surprised :smile:
I misread it as well :bawling:
I asked my English teacher about it, and he doubts I will lose a significant number of marks so I'm hoping for the best
(edited 6 years ago)
Wait what the actual f.ck? What exam board is this?
Original post by Serenattk
I misread it as well :bawling:

Most of the people at my school did so dw

Quick Reply