The Student Room Group

I did mr birling than mrs Birling

Idk what to do I was supposed to write about Mrs birling than mr birling am ic****ed Aqa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i did the same thing and from my knowledge there are many people who also misread the question.Due to the sheer magnitude of people of made this mistake I think that it is likely that aqa will take this into consideration and award more marks.
Original post by workaholic.ok
Idk what to do I was supposed to write about Mrs birling than mr birling am ic****ed Aqa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed AQA and asked about that, as many people did what you did so I wanted to ask on behalf on my friends; this is was what they said.

Hello,
Thank you for your query.
At this stage I cannot comment on how marks will be awarded in the English Literature exam this morning, but I can reassure you that our examiners are first and foremost looking at the quality of candidate’s writing.
Candidates will not be penalised for this mistake, as examiners will pick up on this error and apply a “best fit” approach to marking the overall quality of the candidates response.
If the quality of the writing is high, and candidates responded to the issues raised in the question, they will be marked fairly.
We never deduct marks, and only award marks for relevant, high quality responses.
I hope this can reassure you.

Don't worry, you won't be penalised as such
There have been a large number of threads today with this, so I suspect it's something the exam board will have to consider (assuming TSR is representative of the cohort)

Quick Reply

Latest