The Student Room Group

Writing on exam booklets

Hi,

Just done the AQA English Lit paper 2.

I found part of it quite hard and wrote as an answer on one part as "help me" sarcastically as I was really struggling. I crossed it out numerous times but it was still vaguely visible on the paper. I've been told that apparently this could get me disqualified?

I also wrote "gonna fail, haha" on the question booklet - I'm aware these have no name on but just checking they don't get marked and stay anonymous.

My English teacher is an AQA examiner and told us a few weeks ago that the only thing she's supposed to report is swearing, and on the front of the answer booklet it says any work that is crossed through won't be marked.

Can anyone console me? Worked really hard for this and don't want it going down the drain!!
Original post by jamesmatthew1208
Hi,

Just done the AQA English Lit paper 2.

I found part of it quite hard and wrote as an answer on one part as "help me" sarcastically as I was really struggling. I crossed it out numerous times but it was still vaguely visible on the paper. I've been told that apparently this could get me disqualified?

I also wrote "gonna fail, haha" on the question booklet - I'm aware these have no name on but just checking they don't get marked and stay anonymous.

My English teacher is an AQA examiner and told us a few weeks ago that the only thing she's supposed to report is swearing, and on the front of the answer booklet it says any work that is crossed through won't be marked.

Can anyone console me? Worked really hard for this and don't want it going down the drain!!

You will be fine. They only take notice of offensive language and diagrams.

Quick Reply