Corbyn interview live thread - Steptoe destroyed by Brillo Watch

AlexanderHam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Corbyn is getting completely destroyed by Andrew Neil right now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone

(click back to the start of the programme for the foreign policy / terrorism stuff)

Corbyn has avoided being interviewed by Brillo since he became leader because he knows Andrew Neil can't be diverted and won't allow his mealy-mouthed apologist crap.

Waited so long for an interviewer to finally confront Steptoe about his links to IRA terrorists
Supernova36
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just couldn't stop looking at neal's hair
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh god, it's like watching someone kicking a kitten.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
People will see what they want to seee, but Corbyn performed MILES better than Mrs. U-Turn. He was very direct on most of the questions asked with him immediately condemning certain violent acts and you can tell how desperate the media (and Niel the conservative) are getting when they spend 10+ minutes focusing entirely on the IRA when there are clearly more important issues.

I think the next polls will show how well people judged his performance but honestly he did incredibly well and remained very composed and looked relaxed, not completely terrified like a certain other interviewee.

Though admittedly Mrs U-Turn set the bar quite low.
Lanterne Rouge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Apparently issuing bonds isn't borrowing...
How can any person with any economic sense agree with that/him?:facepalm:
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Who do I believe, Corbyn or the IFS?!
AlexanderHam
Rep:
?
(Original post by Inexorably)
People will see what they want to seee, but Corbyn performed MILES better than Mrs. U-Turn. He was very direct on most of the questions asked with him immediately condemning certain violent acts.
He condemns such acts now that he wants to be Prime Minister. For years he supported terrorism, calling Hamas and Hezbollah his "friends" and praising their "dedication to peace and social justice". He held a minute's silence for dead IRA bombers who were stopped by the army at the last moment, he invited IRA terrorists to parliament, he never once condemned an IRA bombing in all the years of the troubles.

It's obscene for Corbyn to somehow claim he was in favour of peace and talks. The reality is that the IRA only came to the negotiating table once the British Army, MI5 and the RUC had brought their operation to standstill. It was only once the military and security services had brought the IRA mostly to heel that McGuinness and Adams concluded that they could not win by violence, and then sat down and agreed to all of the UK government's demands (that they put down their weapons before being allowed to negotiate, that they accept Northern Ireland remains part of the UK, that there be a continued UK military presence in Northern Ireland).

The entire way through the Troubles, Corbyn supported and praised the IRA and condemned every action of the British government. Corbyn's solution was for the IRA to win and the UK to surrender. In everything Corbyn said, he turned out to be wrong.
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AlexanderHam)
X
Would be more convincing where it not for his opponent's history with Iraq.
AlexanderHam
Rep:
?
Corbyn is completely dishonest, and like all other politicians refuses to answer simple questions.

Does he still think NATO is a 'Frankenstein'? He refused to answer. He's shifty and evasive
Lanterne Rouge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
People will see what they want to seee, but Corbyn performed MILES better than Mrs. U-Turn. He was very direct on most of the questions asked with him immediately condemning certain violent acts and you can tell how desperate the media (and Niel the conservative) are getting when they spend 10+ minutes focusing entirely on the IRA when there are clearly more important issues.

I think the next polls will show how well people judged his performance but honestly he did incredibly well and remained very composed and looked relaxed, not completely terrified like a certain other interviewee.

Though admittedly Mrs U-Turn set the bar quite low.
He was utterly abysmal. I've never seen a politician destroyed that badly in an interview. His terrorist connections, foreign policy, and economic plans were all brutally exposed. I thought May was poor, but handled it adequately and didn't say anything too controversial or stupid. Corbyn on the other hand...

How can he pretend that issuing bonds isn't borrowing? How can he pretend his policies are fully costed? How can he pretend to have brought about a peace process in NI? How can he pretend that massive borrowing wouldn't increase the debt? He's insane. All of these things are facts.
hezzlington
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lanterne Rouge)
He was utterly abysmal. I've never seen a politician destroyed that badly in an interview.
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lanterne Rouge)
He was utterly abysmal. I've never seen a politician destroyed that badly in an interview. His terrorist connections, foreign policy, and economic plans were all brutally exposed. I thought May was poor, but handled it adequately and didn't say anything too controversial or stupid. Corbyn on the other hand...

How can he pretend that issuing bonds isn't borrowing? How can he pretend his policies are fully costed? How can he pretend to have brought about a peace process in NI? How can he pretend that massive borrowing wouldn't increase the debt? He's insane. All of these things are facts.
We'll have to agree to disagree but I genuinely think he dealt with the 20 minute terrorism segment a lot, lot better than expected.

I do agree with you in regards to bonds and borrowing though, couldn't quite believe he made that comment.
AlexanderHam
Rep:
?
Hmmm, looks like Corbyn is quite "close" to terrorists

SingAboutMe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AlexanderHam)
Corbyn is getting completely destroyed by Andrew Neil right now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone

(click back to the start of the programme for the foreign policy / terrorism stuff)

Corbyn has avoided being interviewed by Brillo since he became leader because he knows Andrew Neil can't be diverted and won't allow his mealy-mouthed apologist crap.

Waited so long for an interviewer to finally confront Steptoe about his links to IRA terrorists
I have no love for the any current British party, but Corbyn did get destroyed in this interview.
roronoa1zoro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
and that Andrew is your choice :lol:
Attached files
Private i
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wow even this forum isn't safe from Jews pushing their agenda

You hate Corbyn because he's not a complete Zionist butt licker and he is right about the Wests foreign policy which is a benefit to ISRAEL
Amefish
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He wasn't being "completely destroyed" by him. Corbyn was clearly giving answers and Andrew Neil was being inconsiderate, aggressive and ignorant.

I refer you to this, discussing the renewal of Trident. It is clear that Corbyn states that he does not personally agree with Trident but will continue with the renewal in order to respect democracy. It seems people turn their ears off when it's something they don't want to hear.
koies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Corbyn rekt him.
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Amefish)
I refer you to this, discussing the renewal of Trident. It is clear that Corbyn states that he does not personally agree with Trident but will continue with the renewal in order to respect democracy. It seems people turn their ears off when it's something they don't want to hear.
We know he is against everything nuclear (as if we were all for it as a matter of choice...) and his CND record is there in the open, as usual there is nothing new here. He would have to go along with it as PM not as a matter of respect for democracy but as a matter of no choice, democracy makes it impossible for him to do what he would really like to do.
AlexanderHam
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mathemagicien)
Having watched the video, this is nonsense.
Then answer the question; does he still think NATO is a 'Frankenstein'?

But he does seem to have gotten the hang of interviews a bit more now
You mean he learned the politician's trick of never actually answering the question asked and always pivoting to answer the question you wish was asked.

Q: Do you support Trident?

A: I think the UK has a responsibility to advance the cause of non-proliferation. Don't you think we'd be better in a world without nuclear weapons? The Labour Party has a position, and we'll continue to look at these issues going forward.

Q: Why did you openly support the IRA?

A: I've always supported the cause of peace and I condemn all bombings. Don't you want peace? Of course security issues are important and we'll continue to assess the issues as they arise.

Q: You concede you will be borrowing money to fund your pledges?

A: Bonds are an excellent way to finance the priorities we have.

Q: What do you think of the colour orange?

A: The Tories are nasty and hateful, and their austerity must end. Labour will end the vicious programme of cuts
If you're impressed by these basic PR tactics then you're far more gullible than I had heretofore believed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (77)
14.45%
1 (70)
13.13%
2 (66)
12.38%
20.08%
21.2%
18.76%

Watched Threads