Sifr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been invited to the video interview ... says questions are strengths based?!
Anyone been through the process? I've never actually done a video interview and feeling a bit nervous.

Thank you!
Quentinalin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
can i ask for BDO video interview questions ?
phat-chewbacca
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by B3uecq)
x
Do you have to put your webcam? What is a video interview?
B3uecq
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yh you can use the video on your smart phone too. You just have to download the app that they give you.
B3uecq
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,

I think the questions will be the same. However, maybe prepare other answers to other competency related question.

The questions were the same. I screnshotted them. Good luck!!

Hopefully you get through. The questions are so silly x
phat-chewbacca
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,

I think the questions will be the same. However, maybe prepare other answers to other competency related question.

Thanks a lot. Also were all the questions asked and how long did you have per question. Also I am applying for the Audit School Leaver so I hope this doesn't change the questions that are asked.
LYTLYT
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Heyyy did you finish the interview today? Are all the questions same? Thank you so much
phat-chewbacca
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LYTLYT)
Heyyy did you finish the interview today? Are all the questions same? Thank you so much
Nope mine is next week actually. When is your video interview?
Froppy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
gl with your black desert online interview!
AdamP1996
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys, I have failed psychometric tests on every top 10 firm so far except BDO. I finally passed and have got through to complete the strengths based video interview. Has anyone been through this, any tips please??
Thanks
AdamP1996
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tee32)
Hi, what are the questions for the graduate audit video interview
Hey, was just wondering how your video interview went. What questions did they ask?
Thanks
AdamP1996
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
t
Hey,

Same as what?
What questions did they ask?
Thanks
Ayesha_1221
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone made it through to the AC
lottiedx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi All!

I have my strengths-based video interview next week, I was wondering whether anyone could give me a few hints and guidelines as to what questions to expect? I really love planning and preparing because in the moment I tend to have mind blanks a lot. I have gathered a few sample questions from a 2015 Graduate Programme interview (even though i have applied for school leaver hopefully they'll be similar):

- Why BDO? (think benefits, career progression opportunities, review the firms history and pick out some of their most successful moments - they like to see that you have been researching)

- What can you bring to this job role? (think about your skills and experience and how this may cross over or help in your daily working life at BDO).

Would really appreciate anybody's help :-)xx
Ashirobi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can you please send me the questions as I just got invited to the video interview
Ashirobi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,

Hi dan,
Would you please be able to send me the questions as just got invited for the videos interview?
Thanks
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We would advise against relying on information provided by other candidates as our questions change on a regular basis. We’ve found that students who have over prepared their responses don’t perform to the best of their ability and don’t score as well. Our strengths based recruitment process looks for candidates who can demonstrate what their strengths are and what they enjoy doing - and do so with genuine and authentic responses. Therefore over-rehearsed questions wouldn’t work in your favour, and can be easy for us to spot.

The best advice is to do your research about BDO and the role you’re applying for, and you should perform well.
woodchuck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i wouldn't rule them asking some left field questions. i was asked 'what would you do to reduce our firm's impact on the environment?'. the interviewer said they do this to throw people off and see if you can think under pressure. i was also asked 'who do you most admire in life?', which was one i've also never got before.

other than that i was asked the usual questions about knowledge of the job, some competency questions, and knowledge about BDO. i failed as although i knew the job and had a good CV, i didn't have a great answer about 'why BDO', and i didnt have a great deal to say about the firm. the reality is that there is very little to distinguish these accounting firms of this size, so you have to do a bit of work to come up with something genuine.
dhruv.k
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mate, you still have the questions? cheers
dhruv.k
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,

Hey mate, would you share those questions please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise