The Student Room Group

Help! Head girl application letter

I am planning to apply to be Head girl at my school next year and would appreciate some tips and advice for my application.

Information: Next year will be the first year that my school has had a head girl & boy and prefects. This is due to the fact that my year is going to be the first year of year 10s ever at the school (we will then go on to be the first set of year 11s). The role will be for the 2 years and if I get through to the final shortlist I am guaranteed the role of a perfect if I do not get the role of head girl.

In the application we have a few questions to answer (eg: aspirations, previous experience, why we want the role, how we would help the school, etc...) but is there anything else you believe I should add?

Thank you in advance:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Why do you actually want to do it?
First of all, your spelling. Not one mistake can be left unturned when you're applying for the highest role as a pupil in your school.
Secondly, know that "our" help is no guarantee of your chances of your application succeeding. The worst way to react to your head girl application failing is to stop doing the leadership that gave you the chance to apply for head girl in the first place.
Reply 3
Lol aw

I had to give a speech for mine :smile: so long ago
Dont just state the facts .. . Say what experiences you took from them (i was assistant head of council ....Leader of ICT Club)-----> " in which i helped many pupils from younger year to develop their knowledge on computer programms and resolved any issues within the school community" Something like that and it wouldn't hurt to put some humour in there.
Just work in ASDA, you'll get paid more tbh
Original post by shawn_o1
First of all, your spelling. Not one mistake can be left unturned when you're applying for the highest role as a pupil in your school.
Secondly, know that "our" help is no guarantee of your chances of your application succeeding. The worst way to react to your head girl application failing is to stop doing the leadership that gave you the chance to apply for head girl in the first place.

I'll have quite a few different people check through my spelling and grammar so I should be okay on that front.
I know that everyone's help is no guarantee but it will help me to make sure I don't leave out too much from my application or make mistakes that people before me have. Due to the minimal amount of people applying I have a higher chance of getting the role I want but I won't be too disappointed if I don't as the best candidate should be the one in the role and if I am not her, I am just not her!

Thank you for your reply:smile:
Original post by wretch12
Lol aw

I had to give a speech for mine :smile: so long ago

I have to do a letter of application and then, if I am put on to the final shortlist, I have to give a presentation to the senior leadership team at my school.:smile:

Were you successful in your application?
Reply 8
I was really honest in mine. I suffer from anxiety so I used that to say that I would be a good representative as people could come to me. I also said how it would start building up my confidence.
Original post by shobiiii
Dont just state the facts .. . Say what experiences you took from them (i was assistant head of council ....Leader of ICT Club)-----> " in which i helped many pupils from younger year to develop their knowledge on computer programms and resolved any issues within the school community" Something like that and it wouldn't hurt to put some humour in there.

Okay, thanks:smile:

I will make sure to fit in what I took from my experiences. I will definitely try to add some humour into it as I know that that is something that will appeal to one of the people shortlisting the applications!
Reply 10
Original post by gryffindor_02
I have to do a letter of application and then, if I am put on to the final shortlist, I have to give a presentation to the senior leadership team at my school.:smile:

Mine was a short application to the head of year and then a big speech.

The only reason I applied was because of the title lol
I engaged with the audience a lot, spoke a lot of crap but it was true and well lets just say the result did boost my ego :smile:

don't be nervous, you're still better than all of them.
Original post by brumtown0121
Just work in ASDA, you'll get paid more tbh

I don't live near an ASDA so it would have to be Tesco :smile:. Shame I'm not old enough yet!!

:biggrin::smile::biggrin::smile:
Original post by wretch12
Mine was a short application to the head of year and then a big speech.

The only reason I applied was because of the title lol
I engaged with the audience a lot, spoke a lot of crap but it was true and well lets just say the result did boost my ego :smile:

don't be nervous, you're still better than all of them.

:smile:Thanks

Quite a few people would say my ego doesn't need that much of a boost but...oh well!
Reply 13
:smile:Thanks

Quite a few people would say my ego doesn't need that much of a boost but...oh well!

Lmao I have heard that many times too :smile:

A win is always satisfying no matter how trivial. Remember that.
I applied for Head Girl last year.

Though the experience is likely to be different for all schools, I'd honestly suggest that the best thing you can do is be honest.
All you have to do to get head girl is give the man in charge some head, girl :wink:
Original post by Coolerthanapples
All you have to do to get head girl is give the man in charge some head, girl :wink:

What if told you a woman was in charge...

Too late now but...NEVER a way that I personally would get around doing something!! :biggrin:
I have to write a head girl application too, and I'm really struggling with one of the questions:

How will you know you have been successful in your role at the end of your time as head girl?

Can someone please help!!!!

we have to present to the whole of secondary if we get put on the shortlist. lucky

Quick Reply

Latest