The Student Room Group

Stop giving people like Katie Hopkins the courtesy of being called "controversial".

No, she's not clever, "outspoken" or "controversial". She's a emotional crybaby with bigoted uninformed opinions and a big mouth. She's not particularly intelligent and rarely argues conventionally. Her appeal does not stretch to critically minded people, she's in fact rather illiterate in terms of societal issues and makes lots of fallacious and simple statements.

By calling her this and giving her a platform, we've legitimised her stupidity into the mainstream. This is a woman who got famous for shagging a married man on TV alongside a wave of other things, she's now maintained her platform by making generally uneducated comments that appeals to her fellow uneducated audience.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LBC97.3
No, she's not clever, "outspoken" or "controversial". She's a emotional crybaby with bigoted uninformed opinions and a big mouth. She's not particularly intelligent and rarely argues conventionally. Her appeal does not stretch to critically minded people, she's in fact rather illiterate in terms of societal issues and makes lots of fallacious and simple statements.

By calling her this and giving her a platform, we've legitimised her stupidity into the mainstream. This is a woman who got famous for shagging a married man on TV alongside a wave of other things, she's now maintained her platform by making generally uneducated comments that appeals to her fellow uneducated audience.

She rather makes me think of a virus. She's not really bothered about her host - her main aim is just to infect as many people as possible so she can replicate and ensure her own success. And if the host or wider population die or suffer harm in the process, so be it.
She's never even said anything that bad tbh.
Personally I wish she'd just vanish from the media entirely. The cow ain't worth any screen-time.
honestly i was over her existence since she appeared on the show with Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, and said that she would never name her child the name of a country/city whilst also co-incidentally having a daughter whose called India. I can't.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
She rather makes me think of a virus. She's not really bothered about her host - her main aim is just to infect as many people as possible so she can replicate and ensure her own success. And if the host or wider population die or suffer harm in the process, so be it.

This is not a particularly good virus though. Her bigotry and stupidity only works on the weak minded who are easily manipulated. There was a time where I was indifferent to her and it was hard to be convinced by her given her constant use of fallacies.

I remember one instance where this young jewish lady called in. Mind you, this was a discussion about ISIS. Katie hopkins then went on to talk about how much she loves Tel Aviv and how Palestine are killing Israelis which really confused the caller. The caller then said that "ISIS was not a strategic threat, only an ideological one to the West" which ofc is completely true. Katie Hopkins got incredibly angry and said how ISIS is dangerous and is a massive threat and how the caller was apparently undermining the London attacks! She's incredibly thick, it's beyond me how a show like LBC that employs the likes of James O'Brien and Nick Ferrari can even employ some as utterly incapable as her.
Original post by LBC97.3
This is not a particularly good virus though. Her bigotry and stupidity only works on the weak minded who are easily manipulated. There was a time where I was indifferent to her and it was hard to be convinced by her given her constant use of fallacies.

I remember one instance where this young jewish lady called in. Mind you, this was a discussion about ISIS. Katie hopkins then went on to talk about how much she loves Tel Aviv and how Palestine are killing Israelis which really confused the caller. The caller then said that "ISIS was not a strategic threat, only an ideological one to the West" which ofc is completely true. Katie Hopkins got incredibly angry and said how ISIS is dangerous and is a massive threat and how the caller was apparently undermining the London attacks! She's incredibly thick, it's beyond me how a show like LBC that employs the likes of James O'Brien and Nick Ferrari can even employ some as utterly incapable as her.

PRSOM.

Katie Hopkins loves whatever she thinks will gain her attention and enrich her.
Reply 7
Original post by MildredMalone

Yes I agree - You're too busy laughing at her stupidity to even realise what argument she has, apart from parroting the same old nonsense.
But does't the fact that you hate her speaking make her controversial?
Reply 9
Original post by saharan_skies
honestly i was over her existence since she appeared on the show with Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, and said that she would never name her child the name of a country/city whilst also co-incidentally having a daughter whose called India. I can't.

She's a complete joke. The right wing really should disavow her, anyone who supports Katie Hopkins is automatically a joke, it just shows how dumb they are tbh.
Reply 10
PRSOM.

Katie Hopkins loves whatever she thinks will gain her attention and enrich her.

Yep, sometimes I wonder what she thinks to herself in private. Ugly on the outside and inside.
Reply 11
Original post by SublimeArchon
But does't the fact that you hate her speaking make her controversial?

I don't hate her at all. She's too stupid to deserve my hate.
Reply 12
"Attention seeking" is how I'd describe her.

Oh God, don't say anything like that on TSR!!!! :afraid:
Reply 14
Original post by Dodgypirate
Oh God, don't say anything like that on TSR!!!! :afraid:

TSR is a right wing echo chamber, don't act like your controversial edgy opinions are oppressed.
On the contrary, the more freedom of speech is stamped out, the more people like her and Pierce Morgan remain relevant, because being controversial is their shtick.
Reply 16
Original post by WoodyMKC
On the contrary, the more freedom of speech is stamped out, the more people like her and Pierce Morgan remain relevant, because being controversial is their shtick.

There is no freedom of speech in relation to private individuals and organisations.

Relevant is a really mysterious word in this context.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A* for the sustained biology metaphor on several different grounds, well done, i agree though she is vile.
Reply 18
Original post by WoodyMKC

There's no violation of freedom of speech here. In fact it's quite the opposite, this is free speech in action, as LBC are free to respond to Katie as they like.

I do agree though that the more people pay attention to her, tweet her etc etc the more relevant she stays.

do you know what the 'final soloution' was?

Quick Reply