Rashik gurung
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
A DC servo motor mist accelerated from rest to 30 rad/sec in 3 sec. the rotating mass has a moment of inertia of 5 kgm^2. The load torque is 20NM and the friction torque is 1.2NM. The damping coefficient is 0.05Nm/s radian. The torque constant is 120Nm per ampere. Determine the required current just before the acceleration.
Can some help me to calculated
Rashik gurung
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  501.6 KBHi guys can please help me. How to work out the answer
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rashik gurung)
Hi guys can please help me. How to work out the answer
I've merged your threads together as I believe they are asking the same question.

Regarding your questions, can you post your working please of what you have done so far? That way hopefully someone will be able to help you with where you are going wrong or where you need to go next.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Smack)
I've merged your threads together as I believe they are asking the same question.

Regarding your questions, can you post your working please of what you have done so far? That way hopefully someone will be able to help you with where you are going wrong or where you need to go next.
To add to what Smack has said, I've calculated them just now myself and obtained the answers.

To give you a clue, start with the simple mechanical definition of power, that is:

P = \omega T

then use the basic definition of efficiency to obtain the input current at the given voltage:

e = "benefit" / "cost"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?