The Student Room Group

British citizen but with Zimbabwean birth certificate

Ive gotten to the stage on my srudent financce application where it requires identification. My passport expired 2 years ago and I understand that you can use your birth certificate instead but it doesnt specify whether if it has to be a british birth certificate or not. I have a Zimbabwean birth certificate so I was wondering can I still send that or should I just get my passport renewed? Any help will be much appreciated
Get it renewed. Your birth certificate just says you were born in zimbabwe, right?
I second getting it renewed.

Student finance might accept other forms of ID. Phone them and ask.
Original post by siblessi123
Ive gotten to the stage on my srudent financce application where it requires identification. My passport expired 2 years ago and I understand that you can use your birth certificate instead but it doesnt specify whether if it has to be a british birth certificate or not. I have a Zimbabwean birth certificate so I was wondering can I still send that or should I just get my passport renewed? Any help will be much appreciated

Depends what your nationally is (uk national or?)and your status in the UK and is your passport a U.K. Passport or Zimbabwean
Reply 4
Original post by PegasusTenma
Get it renewed. Your birth certificate just says you were born in zimbabwe, right?

Yh that's all it says. Renewal it is I guess
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
I second getting it renewed.

Student finance might accept other forms of ID. Phone them and ask.

Cheers Ill give them a ring
I would probably wonder are you from Jamaica because Jamaicin' me cr.. Seriously get a new one as soon as have both?

Quick Reply

Latest