The Student Room Group

Do universities look at retakes?

All my GCSEs have gone awful so far I was hoping for all a's but I don't think that is possible now
If I get a B or less in physics maths or English I would retake it but will universities see I retook and think that I failed originally?
Original post by partygoose123
All my GCSEs have gone awful so far I was hoping for all a's but I don't think that is possible now
If I get a B or less in physics maths or English I would retake it but will universities see I retook and think that I failed originally?

You are required to put all attempts down.
Reply 2

I doubt universities would be bothered in regards to GCSE resits. A level resits are where it could cause problems with certain courses.

I'm literally feeling the same way. I think I failed english. However because we are the first year taking the exam, they might be a bit more lenient? Hopefully. I'm sure you did fine though. You never know what might happen on results day.
Original post by dania.abdalla
I'm literally feeling the same way. I think I failed english. However because we are the first year taking the exam, they might be a bit more lenient? Hopefully. I'm sure you did fine though. You never know what might happen on results day.

Any chance you made the birling mistake?
(edited 6 years ago)
Any chance your made the birling mistake?

No, luckily I don't do inspector calls, but my friend did do that mistake and she's really worried because of it. I messed up on paper 1 with the Romeo and Juliet and pride and prejudice extracts. How did your english go?
Reply 6
Resits look bad for universitys

Quick Reply

Latest