The Student Room Group

How to study?

Basically I have an assessment for both English GCSE and Maths GCSE in June which will decide if I am in the lower tier group or the higher tier group, I need to get into the higher tier group for both so I can get my A's but I'm worried I'm not able to study effectively before the assessments.

How do you study and teach yourself how to learn effectively?
Buy a revision book, get off the internet and use it perhaps?
Reply 2
Original post by ineedanswersplz
Basically I have an assessment for both English GCSE and Maths GCSE in June which will decide if I am in the lower tier group or the higher tier group, I need to get into the higher tier group for both so I can get my A's but I'm worried I'm not able to study effectively before the assessments.

How do you study and teach yourself how to learn effectively?

if you are truly worthy of the higher tier you should be able to get there without revision.
Reply 3
Original post by Glassapple

Good idea.
Original post by Arkeeos
if you are truly worthy of the higher tier you should be able to get there without revision.

I just want to make sure, I'm confident in my English and math knowledge but I want to guarantee myself that I will get into the higher tier groups.
Reply 4
Original post by Glassapple

How is the AQA GCSE Maths Higher Tier All-in-one Revision and Practice For the 2017 Exams/AQA GCSE English Higher Tier All-in-one Revision and Practice For the 2017 Exams?
For maths I definitely recommend CGP guides, which I'm using for this years exams, but also maths genie is a really helpful website for maths revision and practice
Reply 6
Original post by dania.abdalla
For maths I definitely recommend CGP guides, which I'm using for this years exams, but also maths genie is a really helpful website for maths revision and practice

Does it matter which education board the book is? There is Edexcel and AQA. I'm attending an adult education centre in sussex would they use either of these two?
Original post by ineedanswersplz
Does it matter which education board the book is? There is Edexcel and AQA. I'm attending an adult education centre in sussex would they use either of these two?

I would check which exam board your taking and then buy the book accordingly. It doesn't make too much of a difference but the syllabus may be slightly different between the different exam board.
You could study in the library, do lots of past papers and check out mrbartonmaths, it might prove quite useful.
English and maths are both skill based subjects, it's not a matter of 'just learning' like sciences are so the best way to revise them is definitely doing as many questions as you can find so you can practise applying your knowledge

Quick Reply