Kayleigh3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I have a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in health and social care, I'm looking to get a job as a health care assistant to gain more experience before I go to university to train to become a nurse. As I have been looking over job advertisements I have noticed a few people asking for a NVQ but I can't seem to fondness out what the difference is between my diploma and a NVQ if anyone could help me that would be awesome.
Thank you 😊
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kayleigh3)
Hi I have a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in health and social care, I'm looking to get a job as a health care assistant to gain more experience before I go to university to train to become a nurse. As I have been looking over job advertisements I have noticed a few people asking for a NVQ but I can't seem to fondness out what the difference is between my diploma and a NVQ if anyone could help me that would be awesome.
Thank you 😊
Qualifications have different levels. NVQ usually have a number next to them to denote the level.1-7

BTECS ae normally level 3 in the qualification scale. They are taught slightly differently as well.

https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qu...ication-levels
Kayleigh3
Rep:
?
Hi thank you for that does that mean that a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in health and social care is higher than a NVQ level 1?
Thank you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
Hi thank you for that does that mean that a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in health and social care is higher than a NVQ level 1?
Thank you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes it is much higher. NVQ1 is sub GCSE, whereas BTEC is more akin to A level.

NVQ are more learnt on the job and vocational., BTECS are vocational but more n the classroom.
Kayleigh3
Rep:
?
Thank you I had no idea if I had enough qualifications or not so thank you for clearing that up for me 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you I had no idea if I had enough qualifications or not so thank you for clearing that up for me 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
BTEC level 3 and NVQ level 3 are the same level. Just slightly different qualifications.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (28)
16.28%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (55)
31.98%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (19)
11.05%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
9.3%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.07%
I think it's an unfair expectation (44)
25.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.74%

Watched Threads