18.75%
Age 18 - Onwards - Yes (2)
12.5%
username2655767
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
After using it only for messenger the past few months - I've finally took the plunge and deleted it entirely after getting everyone to get me on WhatsApp. It's beyond useless now, all it is - is people tagging each other in **** memes.

This is also a real quote from Zuckerberg

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard
Zuck: Just ask
Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS
[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?
Zuck: People just submitted it.
Zuck: I don't know why.
Zuck: They "trust me"
Zuck: Dumb ****s
squirrology
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't, I personally don't find it useless.

FB has allowed me to keep in contact with all my school friends (I have a lot and asking them individually for their numbers would be time consuming) and family across the world...

Not to mention it has some pretty good features, the FB messenger has the group call which I use all the time with friends

BASICALLY I'll never stop using FB anytime soon
username3049746
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree Facebook is useless.
hezzlington
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wish there was a way to block viral pages from appearing on my feed, but I use it to keep in contact with friends/keep up with events.
username2655767
Rep:
?
(Original post by squirrology)
I haven't, I personally don't find it useless.

FB has allowed me to keep in contact with all my school friends (I have a lot and asking them individually for their numbers would be time consuming) and family across the world...

Not to mention it has some pretty good features, the FB messenger has the group call which I use all the time with friends

BASICALLY I'll never stop using FB anytime soon
What do you benefit by keeping in touch with them? I've moved 25 times or so throughout my life and have friends on fb on every continent (excluding antarctica). Why is being able to see what they had for lunch a good thing?

Think I'll focus on the friends I have now.
username2655767
Rep:
?
(Original post by hezzlington)
I wish there was a way to block viral pages from appearing on my feed, but I use it to keep in contact with friends/keep up with events.
http://www.fbpurity.com/
hezzlington
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not quite what I'm after, I've blocked pages like 'ladbible' and 'unilad'.

Basically, anytime a friend does anything; like, comming, share, etc, it comes up on my newsfeed. I'd have to unfollow each friend manually and it takes too long.

I scroll through my newsfeed and it's just memes/viral videos. I hate that ****.
username2655767
Rep:
?
(Original post by hezzlington)
Not quite what I'm after, I've blocked pages like 'ladbible' and 'unilad'.

Basically, anytime a friend does anything; like, comming, share, etc, it comes up on my newsfeed. I'd have to unfollow each friend manually and it takes too long.

I scroll through my newsfeed and it's just memes/viral videos. I hate that ****.
It does that
Det.Hartigan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by unomie)
I've finally took the plunge and deleted it entirely...
Yeah, there's too much absolute **** on it, such a waste of life
Amefish
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've deactivated for my exams, I'll probably reactive when they're finished
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your poll categories overlap. If I'm 18 am I 18 - onwards or 14 - 18?

Anyway yeah I have facebook. The fringe meme pages on their are gold, and I can use messenger to speak to friends easily. Also I can look at pictures of pretty people I don't see in person anymore. No real downsides as I don't post much myself, so...
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haven't used it for a couple years now, deactivated my account. Same people saying the same s*** all the time. Anyone who I want to keep in contact with has my number.
Unnamed User
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got it back in year 10 or something. I use it once or twice at most every year. Last time I was on there was sometime last year.
(Who needs Facebook when you have TSR )
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
After using it only for messenger the past few months - I've finally took the plunge and deleted it entirely after getting everyone to get me on WhatsApp. It's beyond useless now, all it is - is people tagging each other in **** memes.

This is also a real quote from Zuckerberg

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard
Zuck: Just ask
Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS
[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?
Zuck: People just submitted it.
Zuck: I don't know why.
Zuck: They "trust me"
Zuck: Dumb ****s
you are aware the zuckmeister owns whatsapp and instagram as well?

Personally snapchat is problematic as well as evan spiegel is an arrogant erk who is racist and elitist (in the sense of rich deserve good things, poor dont).

telegraph seems good but virtually noone I know uses it.

I have more or less stopped using fb over the last 2 years but still use messenger and whatsapp (former due to contacts, latter due to encryption)
username2655767
Rep:
?
(Original post by quasa)
you are aware the zuckmeister owns whatsapp and instagram as well?

Personally snapchat is problematic as well as evan spiegel is an arrogant erk who is racist and elitist (in the sense of rich deserve good things, poor dont).

telegraph seems good but virtually noone I know uses it.

I have more or less stopped using fb over the last 2 years but still use messenger and whatsapp (former due to contacts, latter due to encryption)
Yep, don't use instagram and use only use WhatsApp for uni group chats. Telegram is not good, there are massive security risks. For anything you need security over use Signal
username2655767
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Your poll categories overlap. If I'm 18 am I 18 - onwards or 14 - 18?

Anyway yeah I have facebook. The fringe meme pages on their are gold, and I can use messenger to speak to friends easily. Also I can look at pictures of pretty people I don't see in person anymore. No real downsides as I don't post much myself, so...
14 - 18

God damn normie memes
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
14 - 18

God damn normie memes
Guess I voted the wrong one then.

If you're only finding normie memes on facebook you're liking the wrong pages. The "fringe" in my sentence was the all important word fam.

quasa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yep, don't use instagram and use only use WhatsApp for uni group chats. Telegram is not good, there are massive security risks. For anything you need security over use Signal
isnt tele and whatsapp the 2 the NSA had problems hacking recently?
Jirga
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I left after Cuckerberg tried to force me to download a new app to check my own messages.
username2655767
Rep:
?
(Original post by quasa)
isnt tele and whatsapp the 2 the NSA had problems hacking recently?
They both have exploits yes, I'm not aware of any problems the NSA had. They had trouble getting into a locked iPhone recently but managed to bypass it after a few months (and about $500,000 IIRC)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (712)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (898)
42.78%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (396)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed