The Student Room Group

Opinions on guys that "lead you on"?

What are your opinions if a guy whom you're really close to seems to treat you "more than a friend" but soon gets a girlfriend?
Your own fault, What was preventing you from making a move?
Usually, when a guy "leads you on", he has no idea what he's doing. Its all on you hun, gotta live witout regrets. Do what you think is right.
Reply 3
Original post by unomie
Your own fault, What was preventing you from making a move?

True, but I supposed I was too embarrassed to "make a move" because what if his actions weren't meant to suggest that he wanted to be in a relationship (particularly with me).
Reply 4
He didn't lead you on, you just didn't make a move on him and someone else did.
Original post by Soulgeass
True, but I supposed I was too embarrassed to "make a move" because what if his actions weren't meant to suggest that he wanted to be in a relationship (particularly with me).

Then he says he's not interested and you both move on with your lives. If a guy is flirting with you however - he probably is interested in you. We aren't that complex.
Reply 6
Original post by prazzyjazzy
Usually, when a guy "leads you on", he has no idea what he's doing. Its all on you hun, gotta live witout regrets. Do what you think is right.

Ahh it's complicated you see...

I feel like he knows the stuff he does is very 'relationship-type'. We were once told off by a teacher who thought we were holding hands as if we were couples, and later that day he apologised for getting us into trouble. But other times he acts as if the stuff he did is not meant to 'suggest' anything more than being friends? IDK :/

Ehh, it happened in the past and I'm just wondering how you would have acted if you were put in that situation? Lol, it's been two year so I'm already over the issue
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
He didn't lead you on, you just didn't make a move on him and someone else did.

I wasn't planning to make a move on him because I never intended to be in a relationship with someone at the age I was then. However, the stuff he did only made me develop a slight crush - and yea we were close friends.
I don't think his girlfriend started off by making a move on him since they were also close friends to begin with.

Just asking for an opinion though if you were in this situation - so ignore about me ever having experienced this.
Reply 8
I wasn't planning to make a move on him because I never intended to be in a relationship with someone at the age I was then. However, the stuff he did only made me develop a slight crush - and yea we were close friends.
I don't think his girlfriend started off by making a move on him since they were also close friends to begin with.

Just asking for an opinion though if you were in this situation - so ignore about me ever having experienced this.

Well yeah, I was in that situation myself. I never made a move so the girl lost interest.

Not leading on at all.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Not leading on at all.

I guess I didn't know the term for it, soz
Reply 10
I guess I didn't know the term for it, soz

It's okay, I made the same mistake before. It's all a learning experience.
Reply 11
Original post by UWS
Well yeah, I was in that situation myself. I never made a move so the girl lost interest.

too busy going for that 12th and final Gem eh :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by ANM775
too busy going for that 12th and final Gem eh :tongue:

Lool bants, sort of dodged a bullet with her in the end anyway :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest