The Student Room Group

Katie Hopkins Tweet

Scroll to see replies

I like that Katy is outspoken and really triggers swathes of society ... With that, she knew what she was doing and could argue she was inciting people in these tense times

Not surprised LBC dismissed her
(edited 6 years ago)
Good she is a vile woman.
Reply 22
She's entitled to free speech, but not without consequences.

In this current days, image is important. If she's spouting a lot of nonsense which a large majority of the population would be against (especially if it's being broadcasted), then the company she works for would not want to be affiliated with her.
Katie Hopkins is a divisive troll and moral entrepreneur. The rhetoric of her ilk have no use in fighting Islamism as it only divides further and instils fear in the masses.
I wish people would stop talking about her, why is she even relevant? She does this for attention.
Original post by _gcx
Sure, it may have been in poor taste to use that wording, but I believe that people are being a bit over-sensitive. As she quickly changed the tweet, it's likely that she didn't realise that she'd be jumped upon by the media for daring to type two English words associated with Nazism consecutively.

Oh come off it. This is a woman who capitalises on and monitises controversy. She has lost at least two libel cases for her vulgarity. She is the adult version of my 4 year-old son who likes shouting "Willy" in public because he thinks it is funny.
Original post by beccabokka
She changed it I think. It originally said 'final solution', which is the euphemism used by Hitler for the Holocaust, which is obviously cruel, racist and outrageous as well as having very serious connotations.

People like you worry me.

In the context of her original tweet, I don't think there was anything wrong. Context matters.
Don't think she had the Holocaust in mind when she wrote the tweet...
Original post by _gcx
Tfw when the media has nothing better to do but interpret people's tweets as neo-Nazistic when they even neglected to capitalise Final Solution.

Oh no, she didnt use capital letters therefore it must mean something different!

You sound desperate and pathetic.
Reply 29
Original post by Marcus T
Katie Hopkins was recently fired from LBC for this tweet:
22 dead - number rising. Schofield. Don't you even dare. Do not be part of the problem. We need a true solution. #ManchesterArena

I'm not sure if i'm missing something here but I don't see the problem with this tweet. People might find it a bit annoying but nowhere near as bad as the other stuff she's said and definitely not bad enough to get fired for it.
Am I missing something?

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/866917159087288320
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/may/26/katie-hopkins-leaves-lbc-radio-final-solution-tweet-manchester-attack

Miss Piggy Hopkins go what she deserves for her nasty Final Solution comment. I hope the majority of the sane public continue to reject her, and her finances suffer.
It was a stupid choice of words but most of what she says is the truth. LBC is **** anyway I only listen for nigel farage
Original post by Dodgypirate
Don't think she had the Holocaust in mind when she wrote the tweet...

So she explicitly said "final solution" in her tweet but she didnt mean that but you buy into the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. You are delusional about societal issues.
Reply 32
Original post by karl pilkington
It was a stupid choice of words but most of what she says is the truth. LBC is **** anyway I only listen for nigel farage

Listen to yourself saddo
Original post by iamux
Listen to yourself saddo

yes that is very hurtful
Not so much a dog whistle as a foghorn.
Original post by truthteller010
So she explicitly said "final solution" in her tweet but she didnt mean that but you buy into the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. You are delusional about societal issues.

'Final solution' has several meanings, not just one, and it's your own bias that makes you think it was to do with the Holocaust.

The only person who knows what was meant by it is her.

Seth Rich's story is developing as we speak. Several news outlets are covering the story and all roads are pointing to Donna Brazile, the DNC and Clinton. Do some research.
Original post by truthteller010
Oh no, she didnt use capital letters therefore it must mean something different!

You sound desperate and pathetic.

You're pathetic. How many accounts is that now?!
'Final solution' has several meanings, not just one, and it's your own bias that makes you think it was to do with the Holocaust.

The only person who knows what was meant by it is her.

Seth Rich's story is developing as we speak. Several news outlets are covering the story and all roads are pointing to Donna Brazile, the DNC and Clinton. Do some research.

There are many meanings but she could have used many other synonyms to express that. But she chose to use the "final solution", which is the exact one used by Nazis. It's not my bias, it's the fact that there were other ways of putting it but her use of this phrase that makes everyone believe.

It is your bias that believes that she ignores every other phrase and used this one AND at the same time did not mean a holocaust reference. Yours is less likely than mine.

Seth Rich story is complete nonsense. If Sean Hannity, Infowars etc etc are all what you call "research" then you are delusional. The Fox news was also retracted anyway so sorry, but i'm sticking with what the police said.

Maybe you should educate yourself too: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/24/15685560/seth-rich-conspiracy-theory-explained-fox-news-hannity
You're pathetic. How many accounts is that now?!

No, what's more pathetic is how manipulative you are. Stick to your right wing echo chambers because here, you'll be exposed for the fool you are.

Btw, if Seth Rich was alive he would have absolutely hated the way you right wing tools have politicised his death.
Interesting @Dodgypirate no reply from you as usual.

"Despite these facts, our family’s nightmare persists. Seth’s death has been turned into a political football. Every day we wake up to new headlines, new lies, new factual errors, new people approaching us to take advantage of us and Seth’s legacy. It just won’t stop. The amount of pain and anguish this has caused us is unbearable. With every conspiratorial flare-up, we are forced to relive Seth’s murder and a small piece of us dies as more of Seth’s memory is torn away from us." - Seth Rich's family.

Out of respect for the dead man, you should remove that horrible horrible avatar of yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending