When is the actual deadline to apply student finance for continuing student?

Watch
ray12521
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I'm advancing to second year and i need to re-apply student finance again , but not sure when is the actual deadline for it. My course start at Sep 2017 to May 2018 . On the website" https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/when "
it say deadline is May 31? which is just 4 days ahead? I don't think i will able to get it done in time since i will need to gather information such as tax paper from my parents which can take couple of weeks.

Also my results will be release around this August and therefore, i would like to fill my application around this time so i know for sure that i will continue on to second year.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
"To make sure you receive your fi rst payment at the start of term, you must return this form and all of the evidence we need by 23 June 2017. We will do our best to process your application as soon as possible, however if the deadline date has passed, your first payment may not be ready for the start of term."

http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1718/ft/s...orm_1718_d.pdf
Kruti Popat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi ray12521,

Thank you for your question.

We do recommend you apply as soon as possible, before the 23rd of June, to ensure you receive your funding on time. The actual deadline, however, is 9 months after the start of the academic year.

Thank you.
Kruti
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads