The Student Room Group

Why would girls stare at an attractive guy but not smile?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thanks anyways. When you mentioned your friends smile at attractive guys, how big is the smile? Is it just a smirk/small smile or is it a big smile you'd give your mum when you arrive back from somewhere

Small smile cus you don't want to make it obvious.
Not attractive enough obviously to warrant a smile, you're probably average and nothing special. Friends always tell their friends they're attractive, doesn't mean you are.
Original post by NobleLeather
Not attractive enough obviously to warrant a smile, you're probably average and nothing special. Friends always tell their friends they're attractive, doesn't mean you are.

Huh? I just said girls smile at me lol, read the OP

Why would they stare in admiration at something average?

Exactly, you must be way above average from what you're saying. Because as a girl, when we see someone above average we kind of tell each other and some girls would stare and others smile a bit.
lol
Huh? I just said girls smile at me lol, read the OP

Either way, you're probably average and nothing special otherwise they'd approach you. I have a friend who is definitely a hot guy, and he ALWAYS gets approached at clubs every time. He also gets random girls coming up to him to kiss him or give him a dance. Now that's a certified hot guy.

In admiration? How do you know it's in admiration? Probably just random bored wandering eyes.
Original post by Hannahk999
Exactly, you must be way above average from what you're saying. Because as a girl, when we see someone above average we kind of tell each other and some girls would stare and others smile a bit.

Are you 12?
Are you 12?

lol no i was talking about my friends and the girls i know
ur a couple of years off
Either way, you're probably average and nothing special otherwise they'd approach you. I have a friend who is definitely a hot guy, and he ALWAYS gets approached at clubs every time. He also gets random girls coming up to him to kiss him or give him a dance. Now that's a certified hot guy.

Lol again read the OP, they do approach me. If I was a girl, I'll definitely find myself attractive but wouldn't approach me due to intimidation. I have a really good body and height so that's what subsciously catches their attention first but with ugly girls, they have nothing to lose so they approach me, prettier girls don't need to approach. Eye contact is a subsciously sign of attraction.
No I mean a lot of girls stare but most don't smile. That's the problem

Story of my life right here. I am a pretty fit guy and have the same problem, I notice plenty of girls looking at me (to the point they make it obvious) but they never smile so I don't know their intentions, hence I am still single.

I said the girls that do approach me are sub average but most girls stare at me. You said you get lots of stares from guys. Who typicallly smile first if at all?

Do you get approached in clubs or in day to day life?
In admiration? How do you know it's in admiration? Probably just random bored wandering eyes.

Eye contact is a subsciously sign of attraction. Assuming I'm not a funny weird person etc, people tend to avoid eye contact with things they see as threats
Original post by Newbie_noob
Story of my life right here. I am a pretty fit guy and have the same problem, I notice plenty of girls looking at me (to the point they make it obvious) but they never smile so I don't know their intentions, hence I am still single.

Do you get approached in clubs or in day to day life?

I didn't say they dont smile, and yes they do approach me
I didn't say they dont smile, and yes they do approach me

In clubs or in general? In clubs they're more likely to approach cos of the alcohol as am I, but outside that it is dry af for me.
Original post by Newbie_noob
In clubs or in general? In clubs they're more likely to approach cos of the alcohol as am I, but outside that it is dry af for me.

No one approaches in normal scenarios lol, the most they can express is non verbal signs of attraction. Even in clubs, girls want you to approach them instead of vice versa even with things like feminism and mysogny
No one approaches in normal scenarios lol, the most they can express is non verbal signs of attraction. Even in clubs, girls want you to approach them instead of vice versa even with things like feminism and mysogny

Yes, that is so true. I haven't really approached any girls cos I think to highly of myself-that is where I'm going wrong I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending