The Student Room Group

Can firm choice unis let you in at your insurance offer level?

So say I applied to Nottingham (AAA) as my firm, and Sheffield (AAB) as my insurance. I know sometimes Nottingham and other unis accept people at one grade below their offer, so if I achieved AAB on results day and Nottingham still wanted to accept me, would they be able to?

Hope that makes sense!
if your firm rejects you then your insurance will accept you if you meet the insurance requirements, so the answer to your question is yes they can.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by catherineoxley12
So say I applied to Nottingham (AAA) as my firm, and Sheffield (AAB) as my insurance. I know sometimes Nottingham and other unis accept people at one grade below their offer, so if I achieved AAB on results day and Nottingham still wanted to accept me, would they be able to?

Hope that makes sense!

The uni won't use your other choice to impact anything. If you apply for a university and you get a grade below your offer, if they have spaces available they will let you in unless they are a top universities who are strict. If you got AAB yo can get accepted by both, if that is the case you chose your firm, if not and you get rejected then well you take your insurance.
Original post by catherineoxley12

Hope that makes sense!

If you achieve your firm they take you and your insurance disappears.

If you don't achieve your firm offer they consider your grades Vs other near misses. They might take you but they might not. Note that unis get your results several days before you and will have made their decision before you know how you did.

If your firm reject you but you have met your insurance offer then you are accepted there. If you miss your insurance offer they have to decide whether or not to accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending