The Student Room Group

Chances of having HIV?

So I feel like I'm just overly worrying but need a second opinion:

I'm a guy, had sex with another guy and let him finish inside me a few different times.

When he was like 17 (both 19 now), he sucked another boy off but the boy never finished in his mouth or anything, however he did have braces at the time which could mean cuts in his mouth that precum could've got into?

He also had the same boy's penis in his bum but they didn't actually have full on sex, it just went in and out once. But again there was no condom so maybe precum?

Apart from this 2 years ago, he hasn't done anything with anyone else.

So anyways the guy I had sex with hasn't had any symptoms but I read that after the initial infection, there can be a latency period with no symptoms for up to like 10 years.

I also read that 2-4 weeks after the initial infection, you get flu-like symptoms for a while, which I have recently and is what is making me worry now.

Like I said I know in reality the chances seem quite slim since it's hard enough to contract HIV anyway and why would a 17 year old have HIV too, but is this a possibility/something I should be worries about?

He's going to get tested soon at the clinic so we'll have a definitive answer, but until then I can't help but really worry...

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
So I feel like I'm just overly worrying but need a second opinion:

I'm a guy, had sex with another guy and let him finish inside me a few different times.

When he was like 17 (both 19 now), he sucked another boy off but the boy never finished in his mouth or anything, however he did have braces at the time which could mean cuts in his mouth that precum could've got into?

He also had the same boy's penis in his bum but they didn't actually have full on sex, it just went in and out once. But again there was no condom so maybe precum?

Apart from this 2 years ago, he hasn't done anything with anyone else.

So anyways the guy I had sex with hasn't had any symptoms but I read that after the initial infection, there can be a latency period with no symptoms for up to like 10 years.

I also read that 2-4 weeks after the initial infection, you get flu-like symptoms for a while, which I have recently and is what is making me worry now.

Like I said I know in reality the chances seem quite slim since it's hard enough to contract HIV anyway and why would a 17 year old have HIV too, but is this a possibility/something I should be worries about?

He's going to get tested soon at the clinic so we'll have a definitive answer, but until then I can't help but really worry...

Thanks!

If he didnt use a condom, it's best you both get tested just to be safe. You can get test kits online in some areas if you're concerned about visiting a clinic.
It's not particularly likely: if he did have an untreated HIV infection, you'd be looking at 'about' a 1% chance each time he came inside you. Being on the receiving end of anal sex is easily the riskiest sexual act.

But if he's telling the truth - and one thing everyone old enough to have sex should know is that there are people who will lie to get the sex they want - then he'd have to be extremely unlucky to be HIV+. The risk from oral is basically nil without ejaculation (and barely higher than nil with), and very low from anal without ejaculation.

There are other things he could have got, so you're allowed to test too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest