The Student Room Group

A level choices help

I looking at Gvt and Politics, History, Economics and either (Maths/Biology/Philosphy). I'm good at essay writing subjects, but I knownive got 3 already, so don't know if I might need more fairest. In terms of status of the a levels, are they good?
Hi! I'm planning on taking similar courses too. History is seen as a facilitating subject which just means it's highly regarded by uni's and so is Maths and Biology. It depends what career you want to go into, those who take politics at degree usually don't need to take it at A-level, just something like History so if you reconsider but want to go into politics as a career choice then that's fine.
Reply 2
Original post by That'sGreat
I looking at Gvt and Politics, History, Economics and either (Maths/Biology/Philosphy). I'm good at essay writing subjects, but I knownive got 3 already, so don't know if I might need more fairest. In terms of status of the a levels, are they good?

If you want a non- essay subject to balance it out go for maths or biology. But how's your maths? You'll probably need to have achieved at least a B in GCSE to be able to do it. Biology's great. I'm loving AS biology although I did get a B in GCSE biology. Maybe ask your teachers what they think would be right for you? What do your parents think?
Original post by That'sGreat

What are you thinking of doing at uni?
If you want a non- essay subject to balance it out go for maths. Its a well respected subject too.

Quick Reply

Latest