Ohh it's completed and on it's way 😁
Thanks for link
Yaaay, no worries x
Gyoza
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did anyone else have to complete a form from OH Assist? I had an email stating that someone would be in touch from OH Assist so I could complete a healthcare questionnaire however I haven't actually had anything yet. If so, did it come before or after you submitted your pre-employment questionnaire?
Frantastic70
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Matilda

I had an interview a job at MoJ over three weeks and yesterday the status on application changed to "Thank you very much for attending the recent interview. We will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process" is this the message that ytou received before they made the provisonal job offer or was it before they asked you to attend a second interview. I am hoping the next status will be a job offer :-) which would be fantastic. Do you know how long this status was before it changed.

Many thanks
Matilda48
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Gyoza)
Did anyone else have to complete a form from OH Assist? I had an email stating that someone would be in touch from OH Assist so I could complete a healthcare questionnaire however I haven't actually had anything yet. If so, did it come before or after you submitted your pre-employment questionnaire?
Hi,
My email from OH Assist came about a week after I submitted the pre employment questionnaire
Gyoza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Matilda48)
Hi,
My email from OH Assist came about a week after I submitted the pre employment questionnaire
My pre-employment came back after a week because they wanted extra proof of address so I'm still waiting for the OH assist form. I don't have a huge amount of documents with my address on because my drivers license and passport are old and I don't have much occasion to use them.

Which job did you get?
Matilda48
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gyoza)
My pre-employment came back after a week because they wanted extra proof of address so I'm still waiting for the OH assist form. I don't have a huge amount of documents with my address on because my drivers license and passport are old and I don't have much occasion to use them.

Which job did you get?
I have a provisional offer for administrative officer/case worker and also an administrative officer for a different department, both for MoJ, how about you?
I've been waiting for around 5 weeks now so hopefully receive a start date soon.
How long ago did you receive your provisional offer?
Gyoza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a provisional offer for administrative officer/case worker and also an administrative officer for a different department, both for MoJ, how about you?
I've been waiting for around 5 weeks now so hopefully receive a start date soon.
How long ago did you receive your provisional offer?
I have a provisional offer for an AO caseworker role. I received my offer about two weeks ago but like I said my checks have been put back a week because they wanted more information.

I'm on the reserve list for a couple of EO jobs too and have a few more interviews lined up.

Which one do you think you will end up taking?
Matilda48
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gyoza)
I have a provisional offer for an AO caseworker role. I received my offer about two weeks ago but like I said my checks have been put back a week because they wanted more information.

I'm on the reserve list for a couple of EO jobs too and have a few more interviews lined up.

Which one do you think you will end up taking?
Hi, I think the admin officer/case worker one. The other is in the main courts in Birmingham, it would be interesting but is only for 12 months so the other is the better option.
Do you have a favourite of the roles your after?
Gyoza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I think the admin officer/case worker one. The other is in the main courts in Birmingham, it would be interesting but is only for 12 months so the other is the better option.
Do you have a favourite of the roles your after?
I think the AO one that I've been offered, unless anything comes up closer to where I live so I don't have to spend quite as much on travel.
Matilda48
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gyoza)
I think the AO one that I've been offered, unless anything comes up closer to where I live so I don't have to spend quite as much on travel.
Hi, will you have to travel far, what area are you in?
I've called today to see if they can give me an update. It's been 5 weeks since my provisional offer. My disclosure is done, my reference has been contacted and have replied so I'm not sure how long and what other checks they have to complete for the process now.
I'm hoping for an August start date. I was informed that the vacancy manager would contact me once checks are completed but no time scale given as of yet.
Gyoza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, will you have to travel far, what area are you in?
I've called today to see if they can give me an update. It's been 5 weeks since my provisional offer. My disclosure is done, my reference has been contacted and have replied so I'm not sure how long and what other checks they have to complete for the process now.
I'm hoping for an August start date. I was informed that the vacancy manager would contact me once checks are completed but no time scale given as of yet.
It's the cost more than the distance. It's a 45 minute train journey each way on an unreliable service that costs way too much.

Some of the jobs I've applied for are at different stops along the same line, so maybe a 20 minute journey at half the cost. 10% of my take home salary spent on just getting to work seems obscene to me. It's better than nothing, but the financial situation is a big factor in which one I'll go for, I think.
Matilda48
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gyoza)
It's the cost more than the distance. It's a 45 minute train journey each way on an unreliable service that costs way too much.

Some of the jobs I've applied for are at different stops along the same line, so maybe a 20 minute journey at half the cost. 10% of my take home salary spent on just getting to work seems obscene to me. It's better than nothing, but the financial situation is a big factor in which one I'll go for, I think.
I can either go by train or bus, again cost is fairly high for me 😟 I'll try both routes and see which is quickest and most reliable.
Are you working at present, I'm not sure when to hand my notice in as I should really give a month.
ZeeMaame
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Matilda

Just wanted to finally update you that I received my provisional offer today lol. Longest wait ever.

How's everything going for you?
Matilda48
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZeeMaame)
Hi Matilda

Just wanted to finally update you that I received my provisional offer today lol. Longest wait ever.

How's everything going for you?
Hi Well done I'm really pleased for you. I am still waiting for the pre employment checks to be completed. It's been around 9 weeks now, each time I've phoned to check the progress I'm told everything is fine and they can take several months!!
So enjoy your summer and look forward to starting work in the autumn!! Lol
Let me know how you get on with your checks and how you get on when you start, and again a massive well done
🎉👍🏻
ZeeMaame
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Well done I'm really pleased for you. I am still waiting for the pre employment checks to be completed. It's been around 9 weeks now, each time I've phoned to check the progress I'm told everything is fine and they can take several months!!
Let me know how you get on with your checks and how you get on when you start, and again a massive well done
🎉👍🏻
Thank you so much, will definitely keep you updated x
Gyoza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
🎉👍🏻
9 weeks is insane. They told me 6 weeks at interview, but I was told 25 days in the email I got from MOJ vetting. The 25 days will be over next week, I believe.

I was holding out hope that they might contact me in the next couple of weeks. I actually interviewed for a separate job in the Civil Service a couple of weeks ago who said they were looking at a September start date. That seems impossible if it's taking upwards of nine weeks to complete checks.
snewlan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry to bump an old thread. I'm currently waiting for my vetting to be completed. Sent off preemployment questionnaire beginning of June, OH Assist mid June and heard nothing since. My employer is getting no information either regarding the hold up. Reading this has made me nervous as I haven't heard about a DBS check either.How many reference requests did you guys have sent out? Was it just current employer? How long between each 'progress point' did you have to wait?Ahhh, I just want to start now but this is taking forever!
Matilda48
Rep:
?
Hi all, I've got my start date after 11 weeks.
Abegum94
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heyy, what day did you recieve your employment offer abd how long till your start date? Im still waiting for a return on my pre-employment checks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
14.84%
The paper was reasonable (802)
56.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (310)
21.69%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
7.35%

Watched Threads