The Student Room Group

MOJ pre employment checks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Keirwen
That's very reassuring. Thanks for getting back to me. I have a telephone appointment booked for mid July which feels like eternity!

Thanks for the replies! makes me feel a little less worried hahah, im on 50mg sertraline and have therapy so hopefully it’ll be okay, i was just stressed as i saw in the police you have to be a years medication free so panicked it would be the same but hopefully we will all be fine! my call is early july so not toooo long to wait
Reply 81
hello, just an update my call went fine and took all of 10 mins, they were running late and didn’t call so started to panic but they rang in the end and said i’m mentally fit for work :smile:
Amazing! Thanks for the update. I feel way less concerned now. Congratulations and best of luck with your new job!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi my status says the same now as of today am a bag of nerves I heard ppl failing over smallest things. Did u get your start date and how long did you have to wait for it
Hey hun, I'm right there with you. Submitted mine today and feel like I've missed stuff when I know I haven't!
Original post by Smjones88
Hey hun, I'm right there with you. Submitted mine today and feel like I've missed stuff when I know I haven't!

My nsvs status says completed and moj portal referred for decision the wait is agonising hopefully will know by Monday. Nsvs was quite quick waited around 25 days so not too bad.
Original post by Tasha1180
My nsvs status says completed and moj portal referred for decision the wait is agonising hopefully will know by Monday. Nsvs was quite quick waited around 25 days so not too bad.

Fingers crossed for you then! Keep me posted as I'm intrigued by others experience of joining. Will fill my times as I wait. 🤣

I'm just second guessing everything now though for my vetting. My parents are both deceased, one in 2009 and one in 2014 but both had records as long as your arm and I didn't think to put anything in, as they have been gone so long and no question directed me there. Now I wonder if I should have?
Original post by Smjones88
Fingers crossed for you then! Keep me posted as I'm intrigued by others experience of joining. Will fill my times as I wait. 🤣

I'm just second guessing everything now though for my vetting. My parents are both deceased, one in 2009 and one in 2014 but both had records as long as your arm and I didn't think to put anything in, as they have been gone so long and no question directed me there. Now I wonder if I should have?

Well I had no details for my estranged father and his new wife I have explained that they did request to try and get the details if I can which I partially did and they were OK with that . My dad has a record and it went OK. So fingers crossed for you will let you know . You should be fine as they are long gone
Original post by kttom
hello, just an update my call went fine and took all of 10 mins, they were running late and didn’t call so started to panic but they rang in the end and said i’m mentally fit for work :smile:

Have you heard any more about an offer or been given a start date? I was cleared as fit this week (hurrah!) but not heard yet...
Reply 89
i haven’t yet no, received an email saying it can take up to 12 weeks and the day that my vetting began but other than that haven’t heard anything
Original post by kttom
i haven’t yet no, received an email saying it can take up to 12 weeks and the day that my vetting began but other than that haven’t heard anything

It's so frustrating, isn't it?!
Have you had your dbs sent to you? I've read on similar threads that people received theirs in the post... I haven't had mine yet but don't anticipate any issues. I had one but I had expired just before I applied for this job.
Reply 91
Original post by Keirwen
It's so frustrating, isn't it?!
Have you had your dbs sent to you? I've read on similar threads that people received theirs in the post... I haven't had mine yet but don't anticipate any issues. I had one but I had expired just before I applied for this job.

yeah it is really, i haven’t had anything sent to me no, just an email stating vetting is taking average 12 weeks and when mine started
Reply 92
hello ahain, recurved successful vetting today!! very excited but a little nervous now all getting real haha, good luck with yours :smile:
Original post by kttom
hello ahain, recurved successful vetting today!! very excited but a little nervous now all getting real haha, good luck with yours :smile:

Me too! 😀 I have a start date of September 12th (I have to give 2 months notice). Congratulations to us! Good luck with your new job 💪
Reply 94
thankyou! congratulations to you, i haven’t got a start date yet it says expect a call so hopefully won’t be long before i do
I have applied for an OSG HMP Prison Job in London. I am currently going through the vetting process and it says my application has been referred for a decision to be made.
Is this normal?
I didn't ever see that message but I assume it means that the vetting process has finished and the powers that be have to decide the outcome.
There are lots of people on this forum that have had that message and then swap back to 'currently going through checks' so it's hard to know for sure.
Reply 97
i also didn’t get that message just received the email saying it was completed, i have a call for a start date on thursday so hopefully won’t be long now
Original post by Keirwen
I didn't ever see that message but I assume it means that the vetting process has finished and the powers that be have to decide the outcome.
There are lots of people on this forum that have had that message and then swap back to 'currently going through checks' so it's hard to know for sure.

Good news, just received an email that checks were completed successfully, and I just need to agree on a start date! I guess I was worried for no reason. Thank you for putting me at ease with this comment. Hopefully I enjoy my new role!
(edited 1 year ago)
Well done! Good luck in your new job 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending