Can I reject/defer my firm and insurance choice after i get my A-Level results?

Watch
JohnMcCarron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm actually studying and completing my A2 exams, and honestly I don't think I'll get the AAB i need for Ulster. But I actually am seriously considering a gap year, and maybe even going with a gap year company to actually find a job teaching english abroad to earn some money and improve my CV.

Hence I was wandering if I some how met the conditions of my firm AAB, or my insurance at Stirling BBC: could I actually reject my offers and simply apply again next year?

I am also considering applying abroad to the Netherlands, as i had begun but withdrew my application from stress this year. I am also considering applying to some Asian universities.

So may questions are again:
1) is it possible for me to reject my current offers after results this year and reapply next year/and or can i simply defer an offer

2) Will universities frown upon the fact that I took a gap year, even if it is to learn a language (i.e. Korean), or to teach english abroad for a year after college?

3) If you know anything about applying to universities in the Netherlands, or Asia, or even anywhere else in the EU. Could you please help me?

Sorry for rambling on, but I'm really reconsidering my path. I am going to university, but there are other things I just want to try first: especially if I end up leaving NI, as taking a gap year will help improve my CV for jobs in a different market, and will give me greater financial stability.

Thanks again guys!!!!
Whispers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know nothing of Ulster university, but I may have some answers for you

(Original post by JohnMcCarron)
1) is it possible for me to reject my current offers after results this year and reapply next year/and or can i simply defer an offer
If you've already accepted your offer and you meet the conditions, then no, it is not possible to un-accept. If you've not accepted yet, then you can simply reject them. If you have accepted and really do want to withdraw your application, you may be able to do so, but you'll need to speak to the university directly, as opposed to going through UCAS.

2) Will universities frown upon the fact that I took a gap year, even if it is to learn a language (i.e. Korean), or to teach english abroad for a year after college?
Depends on the university/course I suppose, but generally, no. If you do a gap year and do nothing, it would, but from my understanding, if you take a gap year and do something to better yourself or do something interesting, it can enhance your application and it'll be a talking point during your interview. They'll probably ask you about your gap year.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
So I'm actually studying and completing my A2 exams, and honestly I don't think I'll get the AAB i need for Ulster. But I actually am seriously considering a gap year, and maybe even going with a gap year company to actually find a job teaching english abroad to earn some money and improve my CV.

Hence I was wandering if I some how met the conditions of my firm AAB, or my insurance at Stirling BBC: could I actually reject my offers and simply apply again next year?

I am also considering applying abroad to the Netherlands, as i had begun but withdrew my application from stress this year. I am also considering applying to some Asian universities.

So may questions are again:

3) If you know anything about applying to universities in the Netherlands, or Asia, or even anywhere else in the EU. Could you please help me?

Sorry for rambling on, but I'm really reconsidering my path. I am going to university, but there are other things I just want to try first: especially if I end up leaving NI, as taking a gap year will help improve my CV for jobs in a different market, and will give me greater financial stability.

Thanks again guys!!!!
What Asian universities are you interested in and what courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (45)
5.89%
Uncertainty around my education (88)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
10.47%
Lack of purpose or motivation (98)
12.83%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
5.24%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (43)
5.63%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (83)
10.86%
Financial worries (51)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (33)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (48)
6.28%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.14%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (72)
9.42%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (59)
7.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise