The Student Room Group

Fasting on the day of ur gcse

Guyssssss, r u going to fast on the day you have a GCSE? I'm scared if I don't fast I will do bad cuz u know... god will not be very happy.... but if I do what if it affects my brain cuz I will be tired and dehydrated so can't focus in the exam?? I'm so confused cuz either way both will affect my results 😭😭 HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rose1233_
Guyssssss, r u going to fast on the day you have a GCSE? I'm scared if I don't fast I will do bad cuz u know... god will not be very happy.... but if I do what if it affects my brain cuz I will be tired and dehydrated so can't focus in the exam?? I'm so confused cuz either way both will affect my results 😭😭 HELP

I fasted during my GCSE's and it was fine, felt a little bit thirsty and that's it. Fasting did not affect my frades at all-I got 9A*s. However, it's completely up to you, this is just my personal experience :smile:

That's what I was thinking. But, I was talking to a friend who only took off 2 days last year and said it didn't effect her (she came out with A/A*.)
Personally, I might just do it after all it kind of does, for me, matter more. But if it gets really bad I might just take a few days of and make up for it once their officially over.

I didn't fast during my GCSE's and I exceeded my predicted grades... God doesn't want you to jeopardise your future if it includes fasting a really long and hot day when you have an exam you should be able to concentrate throughout. Just fast when your exams are over and do the days you missed in the winter or summer or something.
Reply 4
Original post by Jkoo22
I hope god doesn't watch me masturbate or i'm warning the authorities

LOL This comment does not answer my question..... shame on u
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CorpusLuteum
I didn't fast during my GCSE's and I exceeded my predicted grades... God doesn't want you to jeopardise your future if it includes fasting a really long and hot day when you have an exam you should be able to concentrate throughout. Just fast when your exams are over and do the days you missed in the winter or summer or something.

Thank u for the advice :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Hannahk999
That's what I was thinking. But, I was talking to a friend who only took off 2 days last year and said it didn't effect her (she came out with A/A*.)
Personally, I might just do it after all it kind of does, for me, matter more. But if it gets really bad I might just take a few days of and make up for it once their officially over.

Thank u for ur response :smile: xxx
Reply 7
Original post by lovelybow
I fasted during my GCSE's and it was fine, felt a little bit thirsty and that's it. Fasting did not affect my frades at all-I got 9A*s. However, it's completely up to you, this is just my personal experience :smile:

wow well done, inshallah I hope I do as well as u.... thank u for ur response :smile:❤️
Original post by Jkoo22

Do you think you're funny? You ****ing disgusting pig
Reply 9
I'm sure God will be okay with it.
Reply 10
However this may come of some use. Aristotle or one of the greek philosophers used to tell his students to fast 10 days before the exam, something to do with ketone production in the brain which would help them in the exam. In actual fact, you could be better off not eating
Original post by Jkoo22

reported
Reply 12
Original post by Jkoo22
However this may come of some use. Aristotle or one of the greek philosophers used to tell his students to fast 10 days before the exam, something to do with ketone production in the brain which would help them in the exam. In actual fact, you could be better off not eating

Really? wow I've learnt something new today :smile:... did the students get good results?
Reply 13
Really? wow I've learnt something new today :smile:... did the students get good results?

Something like that
Original post by Jkoo22

Nice advice mate:biggrin:
Reply 15
Its like being on adderall, you are very alert. I tried this during last years AS exams for physics, chem, bio and maths. Got AAAA. Whatever floats your boat though.
Reply 16
Original post by study beats
reported

So sad, my life is finished (insert innuendo)
Reply 17
Original post by Jkoo22
Its like being on adderall, you are very alert. I tried this during last years AS exams for physics, chem, bio and maths. Got AAAA. Whatever floats your boat though.

Do u have any GCSE advice for us? cuz you've already done it thought I'd ask :smile:
Reply 18
Do u have any GCSE advice for us? cuz you've already done it thought I'd ask :smile:

I'm probably not the best to ask as I got majority B's and C's due to unforeseen circumstances affecting my coursework mainly, however i would advise at this stage is to only do past papers. I did this a day before each exam and ended up with A* in all exams, only for coursework to bring down my overall
Reply 19
after doing so, make an a4 sheet on every question you got wrong and revise that just before you got into the exam hall

Quick Reply

Latest