The Student Room Group

Fasting during the GCSE exam?

U guys gonna fast on the day of the GCSE? Cuz I'm scared if I don't god will u know.... not be happy... if I do what if affects my concentration and I get dehydrated so that could also affect my results. So either way both circumstances will affect my results, what do I do 😭I need Muslim advice pls
Reply 1

Brudda raised very good point. He say that "I am a Muslim, I want to do the fast and I have my GCSEs exam to be doing. I do not want to make Allah angry, what should I do?"

First off brudda, I suggest that you do the fast. It does not matter what you get in your GCSE because on The Final Day, let us be real Brudda. You are going to fail miserably anyway, you might as well do the fast so you can have an excuse. See!? It is gift from Allah!

You will fail your exam, Insha-allah.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Katzen

Brudda raised very good point. He say that "I am a Muslim, I want to do the fast and I have my GCSEs exam to be doing. I do not want to make Allah angry, what should I do?"

First off brudda, I suggest that you do the fast. It does not matter what you get in your GCSE because on The Final Day, let us be real Brudda. You are going to fail miserably anyway, you might as well do the fast so you can have an excuse. See!? It is gift from Allah!

Stop trolling its really not funny..
You will be fine, you will not be dehydrated most probably as most exams are 9 am and even at 1pm you wouldnt be, you need to make a decision whether you think fasting jeopardises your results, and make a decision to fast or not accordingly.
Reply 4
Original post by theoneandonlybob
Stop trolling its really not funny..

Troll!? Dat is what the white kaffirs do! And what do you mean of this "funny"? Astagirallah, brudda I am giving good advice! Believe me! I have the best advice. Advisers, they call me and- *cough COUGH EXCUSE ME* I mean, brudda GCSE really does not do the matter in the afterlife. Brudda OP should be good Muslim.

Allahfiz.
Just keep the fast on the day you dont have the exam, Allah will understand if you dont keep them. You can always make up for the ones you missed after so it doesn't matter whereas you can't make up for your GCSE's.
Reply 6
Original post by Katzen

Troll!? Dat is what the white kaffirs do! And what do you mean of this "funny"? Astagirallah, brudda I am giving good advice! Believe me! I have the best advice. Advisers, they call me and- *cough COUGH EXCUSE ME* I mean, brudda GCSE really does not do the matter in the afterlife. Brudda OP should be good Muslim.

Allahfiz.

U do realise that these GCSE grades are vital. And our lives are a test. Remember? So if u screw up on your GCSEs and end up at some nasty college then isn't that failing your duty to get through life. You see the point I'm trying to make. Yeah I see you point that your grades won't matter on the final day. However, being lazy and saying that its just not right it's going against the principles of life. Just like everyone else you need to work hard and working hard during GCSEs, a levels, uni and work in general is apart of the test. So on the final day of Allah asks you. Did you work hard in your life. What would you response be?
(edited 5 years ago)
Well actually it doesn't fall into the valid excuses in Islam. To some scholars, you can be seen as a khafir for missing your fasts. Check islamqa.

Quick Reply