For the love of money is the root of all evil. Do you agree?

Watch this thread
josejuan
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
For the love of money is the root of all evil.

Do you agree?

Why?
devotion
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I mostly agree due to the fact that people can easily turn greedy and take the money they have for granted and turn "evil", per se. There are exceptions though, like generosity and charity.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by josejuan)

Do you agree?

Why?
i disagree; the quote is from St Paul whom i dislike.
desaf1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yeah definitely
josejuan
Rep:
(Original post by the bear)
i disagree; the quote is from St Paul whom i dislike.
Do you dislike a quote just because you dislike this persone?
username2896864
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Money is a necessity in daily life, unfortunately. It can be a problem if people rely on it too much, or use it wrongly but on the whole I think it probably isn't a problem.

Spoiler:
Show

If you're going by the biblical explanation, then yes I agree because I'm a Christian

How about you? Do you agree with your own statement or are you just putting it out there to get feedback?
the bear
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Do you dislike a quote just because you dislike this persone?
verily
frostfly
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Very much agreed
sandytablet
Report 5 years ago
I don't entirely agree. While one's greed can lead them to becoming very corrupt, money is commonly a way to fill a hole and can make you very happy. Money usually is seen as the drug that can either heal or create all your problems.

When you use money safely and wisely, it's usually not much of a problem.
The Great Game
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

My girl wretch12 knows
Hannahk999
Badges: 9
Report 5 years ago

Do you agree?

Why?
I absolutely agree because it makes the best people greedy and selfish. They tend to turn away from ppl and rather pursuit after wealth. It's just sick and unhealthy.
RuneFreeze
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No but it's the root of quite a lot of evil
Obviously their are other evils but income and wealth inequality is the source of many of the worlds problems
josejuan
Rep:
I disagree with this. In my opinion is that "the lack of money is the root of all evil".
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Batgirl98)
Money is a necessity in daily life, unfortunately. It can be a problem if people rely on it too much, or use it wrongly but on the whole I think it probably isn't a problem.

Spoiler:
Show

If you're going by the biblical explanation, then yes I agree because I'm a Christian

How about you? Do you agree with your own statement or are you just putting it out there to get feedback?
Exactly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (36)
28.8%
Take a gap year (17)
13.6%
Resit my exams (34)
27.2%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
14.4%
I don't know yet (14)
11.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.8%

Watched Threads