Do humans fundamentally grow bigger because of cell division from the parent cell ?

Watch
zackjones630
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does food lead to this cell division ? If so, what evidence is there to support this ?

Can anything hinder or stop this cell division, if so will said person stop growing ?

I am trying to write a biology paper.

Thanks
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zackjones630)
Does food lead to this cell division ? If so, what evidence is there to support this ?

Can anything hinder or stop this cell division, if so will said person stop growing ?

I am trying to write a biology paper.

Thanks
Food gives us energy which is required for most cellular processes including cell division. You can read up about cell division and some of the old literature that supports it. This may be a good place to start but generally Google is your friend. Lots of things can stop cell division so the things to look for are what are the important processes and proteins involved and what happens when they are targeted by blockers. People may not stop growing but their bodily processes may not work or work properly. Some of these may be rejuvination which may affect how long someone can survive. If you're writing a paper it may be a good idea to do some of your own research and practice those skills.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (38)
50.67%
No, they should still go ahead (16)
21.33%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (21)
28%

Watched Threads