Entry requirements for Bulgarian medical schools? Watch

georgelagalle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am really considering studying medicine in Bulgaria, what are the entry requirements for the courses? (Google hasn't provided me with straight answers lol) Do I have to meet certain GCSE or A-level grades? Any help given would be very much appreciated, thanks
KFrostMU
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think speaking some basic bulgarian might be one
username3167456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Watch out with medicine abroad, often you wouldn't be licensed to practice in the UK.

Quick google search said there's English-taught medical courses, look at University of Sofia for one.

"Sofia Medical University has certain entry requirements. Foreign citizens who want to study Medicine, Dentistry or Pharmacy at Sofia Medical University can only be admitted after they have completed their secondary education. The main requirement for foreign citizens who want to study at Sofia Medical University is to have Biology and Chemistry grades in their high-school diploma. The results must be above 62% in the respective country. All applicants must sit a basic admission test in Chemistry and Biology."

https://www.interhecs.com/study-in-bulgaria/medicine/
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by georgelagalle)
I am really considering studying medicine in Bulgaria, what are the entry requirements for the courses? Do I have to meet certain GCSE or A-level grades? Any help given would be very much appreciated, thanks
You're 'really considering' it so much you haven't bothered to research it at all? You're probably considering it because you don't think you have any chance of meeting UK entry requirements and have heard it might be easier abroad.
georgelagalle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glassapple)
You're 'really considering' it so much you haven't bI othered to research it at all? You're probably considering it because you don't think you have any chance of meeting UK entry requirements and have heard it might be easier abroad.
I have reasearched the medical school requirements, however google hasn't given me any straight answers. I am considering medical schools abroad because you finish with a higher degree than you do in the UK. I have met the requirments for medical schools in this country, that's not the issue.
WhoDaresWins
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have reasearched the medical school requirements, however google hasn't given me any straight answers. I am considering medical schools abroad because you finish with a higher degree than you do in the UK. I have met the requirments for medical schools in this country, that's not the issue.
You need 62% or more in Chemistry and Biology at A level, which university are you considering in Bulgaria?
georgelagalle
Rep:
?
(Original post by WhoDaresWins)
You need 62% or more in Chemistry and Biology at A level, which university are you considering in Bulgaria?
Plovdiv and Sofia.
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Plovdiv and Sofia.
Yeah so you need minimum CC in Chem and Bio.
georgelagalle
Rep:
?
Brilliant, thanks.
YungChicken
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you sure? Some others say it's BB
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by YungChicken)
Are you sure? Some others say it's BB
Really? Which ones?
Also I wouldn't be surprised if they were increasing, more people are becoming aware of this pathway and so it's becoming more competitive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (39)
13.88%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (41)
14.59%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
19.22%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (112)
39.86%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (15)
5.34%
No particular grades needed (20)
7.12%