Dilemma to be with the guy I love or go with what my parents are happy with

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone,
I been in a relationship for 4yrs now. I met this guy at my cousin's place on first place I didn't liked him but eventually I fell in love with this guy.. he belongs to a broken family where his mom dad are divorced and since the age of 13 he is trying to figure out his life and as being alone he was involved in drinks fights and all.. and since he met me .. he is trying to change and by now he almost left everything .. and searching for job .. and in this situation my mom had seen him twice and that time he was totally drunk and tht time my mom said not to meet him but still I have been with him for so many years as I love him alot and if someone is willing to change for me and loves me so much I don't want to break his heart and let him go on the same path again.. so now my mom wants me to get and now I don't know what to do.. should I b with this guy and make a new world for us.and help him get a job and be a better person. and stand by him till my mom agree or should I just quite marry the guy my mom wants me to. And how should I approach to my mom I don't want to hurt her as I love her alot but at the same time I CNT leave this guy.
Need some advice urgently
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,
I been in a relationship for 4yrs now. I met this guy at my cousin's place on first place I didn't liked him but eventually I fell in love with this guy.. he belongs to a broken family where his mom dad are divorced and since the age of 13 he is trying to figure out his life and as being alone he was involved in drinks fights and all.. and since he met me .. he is trying to change and by now he almost left everything .. and searching for job .. and in this situation my mom had seen him twice and that time he was totally drunk and tht time my mom said not to meet him but still I have been with him for so many years as I love him alot and if someone is willing to change for me and loves me so much I don't want to break his heart and let him go on the same path again.. so now my mom wants me to get and now I don't know what to do.. should I b with this guy and make a new world for us.and help him get a job and be a better person. and stand by him till my mom agree or should I just quite marry the guy my mom wants me to. And how should I approach to my mom I don't want to hurt her as I love her alot but at the same time I CNT leave this guy.
Ask your mum if she minds... :dontknow:
Integer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't leave him, it's your own choice.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How to even ask when she has already made an opinion that he is not good for me. And I should stay away from him.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly no one can tell you what to do. It has to be your choice.
The Great Game
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Usually I say go with the man or woman you love and in the end your parents will get over it, but some alcoholic degenerate? Nah, cut him off.
britishtf2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,
Do what will make you the happiest. Don't marry the people who others want you to, but what you feel is the best for yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads