Help with Hummoral response/cell mediated response

Watch this thread
teenhorrorstory
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys. I have a lot of trouble remembering the steps in the Hummoral response, i.e. T helper Activation & The effector stage and the Cell mediated response because they all seem similar to me so I confuse them. Does anyway have a good way of remembering the processes??
Many thanks
teenhorrorstory
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
glad-he-ate-her
LennyBicknel
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
If you're a visual learner, doing a big flow chart of the different steps has helped me out.
Gerry-Atricks
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I just remember humoral response first
-t helper activation then effector stage, imagine it like in chem you need an activation energy to start a reaction so here you need to activate t helper first off so t helper activation starts by a pathogen with antigen on surface engulfed by macrophage and antigen is presented on MHC`s ( major histocompatibility complexes) to form an APC (antigen presenting cell), from here the APC binds with the T helper cells, activating it and forming a clone of t memory cells and active t helper cells as end products.
In effector stage, APC produced ( i should make clear, initally at this stage b cell binds to antigen, b cell engulfs it and destroys into fragments which are then engulfed by macrophage to make APC)
So now we use the activated t helper cell to bind with APC, releasing cytokines which stimulate b cell, b cell now divides to give a clone of b memory cells and b effector cell clones- effector differentiate into plasma cells which then release antibodies.

Cell mediated immune response occurs when a virus/pathogen is inside a host cell so humoral not very effective, so here, bacterium infects cell, cell presents antigens on MHCs forming APC, this binds with the complementary t killer cells, and using cytokines from t helper cells, the t killer is stimulated to form a clone of t memory and active t killer cells, active t killer( rather aptly named) do the killing of the infected cell, they bind to the APC and release chemicals that cause cell lysis, killing the infected cell
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by teenhorrorstory)
Hey guys. I have a lot of trouble remembering the steps in the Hummoral response, i.e. T helper Activation & The effector stage and the Cell mediated response because they all seem similar to me so I confuse them. Does anyway have a good way of remembering the processes??
Many thanks
(Original post by LennyBicknel)
If you're a visual learner, doing a big flow chart of the different steps has helped me out.
I agree with lenny, diagram is much better, steps are much more similar than you think and diagram shows it better
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by teenhorrorstory)
Many thanks
another trick is practice practice practice, its a very tough topic, and it took me like 3 separate times of physically sitting down and forcing myself to remember ti
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (30)
27.27%
Take a gap year (17)
15.45%
Resit my exams (30)
27.27%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.45%
I don't know yet (11)
10%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.55%

Watched Threads