The Student Room Group

guys who don't want relationships

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moura
I literally didn't lol why don't you read what I said.

You firstly said that any man who says he doesn't do relationships must be asexual. You then went on to say that some guys aren't into relationships because they like their sexual freedom in the very same post. I'm not the only person who noticed this.
Reply 61
Original post by WoodyMKC
You firstly said that any man who says he doesn't do relationships must be asexual. You then went on to say that some guys aren't into relationships because they like their sexual freedom in the very same post. I'm not the only person who noticed this.

I did not say that any man who says he doesn't do relationships must be asexual. I said that the only men that do not "do" relationships are asexual men.
(edited 6 years ago)
*grabs popcorn 🍿
Original post by Moura
I did not say that any man who says he doesn't do relationships must be asexual. I said that the only men that do not "do" relationships are asexual.

Some guys literally don't do relationships because they enjoy their sexual freedom though, hence why I perceived it as contradictory. As I said in the first place, it doesn't imply anything long term and whether someone doesn't do relationships by choice or by having no choice through circumstance, is irrelevant.
Original post by cbreef

In your world, you're basically left with two choices - Get married at a very young age and go from there or endure years of sexual frustration and get married later when you're absolutely sure.

Why is it that, in today's society, every man and woman insists, so furiously, that they need to have coitus at some stage in their life? Could it be because society expects them to? Could it be because of the social pressures? Could it possibly be because of the laws that had taken place in the 60's that would, once and for all, destroy marriage? Because of the sexual revolution?

I think it's pretty much all of those things bundled together. Don't make any mistakes, I am also human, with the innate desire to want to procreate with a suitable partner, but it's the battle one must face to restore the morals that have been left behind. We all struggle; the sad thing is, the struggle is so transparent in so many of us that we can no longer hang on. We must hang on.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 65
Some guys literally don't do relationships because they enjoy their sexual freedom though, hence why I perceived it as contradictory. As I said in the first place, it doesn't imply anything long term and whether someone doesn't do relationships by choice or by having no choice through circumstance, is irrelevant.

It's very unlikely that a guy will go through his entire life without any form of realtionship until he dies, just to have sexual freedom. Which is why I said that only asexual guys don't do relationships. If a guy says he "doesn't do" relationships, either he doesn't want a realtionship at this stage of his life as he enjoys being promiscous or free... or he doesn't want a relationship with you.

No contradiction
Original post by Moura
It's very unlikely that a guy will go through his entire life without any form of realtionship until he dies, just to have sexual freedom. Which is why I said that only asexual guys don't do relationships. If a guy says he "doesn't do" relationships, either he doesn't want a realtionship at this stage of his life as he enjoys being promiscous or free... or he doesn't want a relationship with you.

No contradiction

Again, where does a guy "not doing relationships" imply that it's lifelong?
Original post by Anonymous
I just want a boy who I can hang out with and have a good time with. I don't expect full blown romance. Just want someone to be there for me and want to love and take care of a boy in return. ❤️ Don't worry I'm too careful to be having sex. I will just wait until I find someone nice.

There are plenty of boys who want the same things as you. This thread has attracted a lot of idiots who fortunately aren't representative of the male population. I'm sure you will have no trouble finding someone nice :smile:
Reply 68
Again, where does a guy "not doing relationships" imply that it's lifelong?

if you don't want to read what I have written properly then I can't help you
Original post by Moura
if you don't want to read what I have written properly then I can't help you

I'm not asking for your help, don't try and dodge the question. You've repeatedly implied that saying that one doesn't do relationships implies it's a life-long decision, even after acknowledging that some guys say they don't do relationships meaning for this decision to just be short term. So I ask again, where does the implication that it has to be a long term decision, and therefore the individual must be asexual, come from?
Reply 70
I'm not asking for your help, don't try and dodge the question. You've repeatedly implied that saying that one doesn't do relationships implies it's a life-long decision, even after acknowledging that some guys say they don't do relationships meaning for this decision to just be short term. So I ask again, where does the implication that it has to be a long term decision, and therefore the individual must be asexual, come from?

:laugh: I'm not trying to dodge the question, you are just not reading what I wrote properly.

If you really need me to reword it:

The only men who do not do relationships are asexual (slight exaggeration as not taking into account men who men who have complexes about women/trauma etc.). The rest of men do do relationships. If they say "I don't do relationships" to a woman it is because they don't want a relationship at that stage in their life (and will inevitably be in a relationship at a later date), or because they don't want to be in a relationship with that particular woman and think they're letting her down gently.

I don't know how I can put it any clearer than that.
Original post by Spheniscidae2039
Men like you are not even worth pumping.

What makes you any better?
You should date each other, since you're too good for women.

Tbh we probably should. :h:

#TeamSausage
Original post by stefano865
What makes you any better?

I'm not a misogynist POS.
Original post by Moura
:laugh: I'm not trying to dodge the question, you are just not reading what I wrote properly.

If you really need me to reword it:

The only men who do not do relationships are asexual (slight exaggeration as not taking into account men who men who have complexes about women/trauma etc.). The rest of men do do relationships. If they say "I don't do relationships" to a woman it is because they don't want a relationship at that stage in their life (and will inevitably be in a relationship at a later date), or because they don't want to be in a relationship with that particular woman and think they're letting her down gently.

I don't know how I can put it any clearer than that.

Again, you seem to be putting the phrases "asexual" and "doesn't do relationships" in the same basket, for reasons I can't quite make sense of, and this is what is making your posts come across as contradictory. If you're asexual, you don't have sex. If you don't do relationships, that means you have no romantic intentions, yet you may or may not be happy to have sex casually. So where does the implication that not doing relationships = asexuality come from?
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm not a misogynist POS.

Are you a "supreme gentleman" by any chance?
Original post by stefano865
Are you a "supreme gentleman" by any chance?

I'm female
Again, you seem to be putting the phrases "asexual" and "doesn't do relationships" in the same basket, for reasons I can't quite make sense of, and this is what is making your posts come across as contradictory. If you're asexual, you don't have sex. If you don't do relationships, that means you have no romantic intentions, yet you may or may not be happy to have sex casually. So where does the implication that not doing relationships = asexuality come from?

Asexual =/= aromantic
I'm female

:pierre:

oh. That was unexpected.
I have a crush on some Arab guy in my class. Don't think they date. They're Muslim. Shame they are so cute

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending