Tory attack video goes viral - 1.3 million views and climbing Watch

Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm not one to tend to believe that these things have an effect because even the social media outlets themselves have struggled to work out just how to get a message they want across on a platform and we also know that people are at risk of speaking to echo chambers (Twitter notably leans left) however over the last 24 hours a targetted Tory attack against Corbyn (by the folks who masterminded Obama and the 2015 Ed and Salmond poster) has gained over 1.3 million views on Facebook and i have to admit is utterly brilliant.

One has to admit that it's a work of art whether one agrees with the content or not, for your average patriot it's just so damaging.

https://www.facebook.com/conservativ...5027173824279/
truthteller010
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It reeks of desperation if we're to be honest. For starters a lot of what is said on the video he's changed his mind on anyway.

In this country you vote for an MP not for a "leader", the only reason to attack Corbyn is his capability as a brexit negotiator. Other than that the tories should be looking to go after their manifesto, which they cant because they know it's better.

It's also disgusting how theyve politicised the terror attack. The tories are the ones in power so thats ironic in many ways.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
(Original post by truthteller010)
It reeks of desperation if we're to be honest. For starters a lot of what is said on the video he's changed his mind on anyway.

In this country you vote for an MP not for a "leader", the only reason to attack Corbyn is his capability as a brexit negotiator. Other than that the tories should be looking to go after their manifesto, which they cant because they know it's better.

It's also disgusting how theyve politicised the terror attack. The tories are the ones in power so thats ironic in many ways.
I'd say that showing that Corbyn has voted against every piece of intelligence legislation is actually very relevant at a time like this.

It's now 1.6 million
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I'd say that showing that Corbyn has voted against every piece of intelligence legislation is actually very relevant at a time like this.

It's now 1.6 million
All it will do is boost Corbyn
The Great Game
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could you post a video link to youtube rather than cuckbook.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The deeper story here is that Facebook allows hidden campaigning to take place, getting around the regulations and laws governing electoral expenses and enabling any lies to be distributed without public scrutiny or comeback.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ction-election

It's conceivable that Facebook are engaged in political manipulation as well. The owners and backers of Facebook are extreme libertarians and there is no question they would favour a right wing government here, or at the very least, one less likely to impose a regulatory environment on them.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Great Game)
Could you post a video link to youtube rather than cuckbook.
None available yet.
_Ddraig_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's on their YouTube page.

Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Iraq War vote - Corbyn against, May For

Libya Bombing - Corbyn against, May For

Bombing Syria - Corbyn against, May for

Iraq = haven for Daesh

Libya = Jihadi wonderland

Syria = Had we bombed it to oust the dictator Assad, radical alqaeda-linked groups like Al Nusra and Daesh would have taken over.

I think i'm going to stick with Corbyn. I like genuine people with insight.
Taran001
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Theresa May "STRONGANDSTABLE" X10000000
Vote Labour
Quite a childish video by Conservatives and I'm not surprised
Aren't Hezbollah fighting isis?
He said all bombing is wrong so i'm pretty sure that includes ira
mashbbk
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tawheed)

Iraq = haven for Daesh

Syria = Had we bombed it to oust the dictator Assad, radical alqaeda-linked groups like Al Nusra and Daesh would have taken over.

This could backfire for the tories. If we had Corbyn instead of Blair, we probably wouldn't have had 7/7 or all the other atrocities committed against us - because he doesn't want to get involved militarily in other mans business :rofl:.
Taran001
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Corbyn is a better leader, May is a sheep who will continue to follow the US
We need someone who actually leads on behalf of Britain and Corbyn will provide us this
May is a dictator who has "strong and stable" on permanent rewind in her mouth
What have conservatives done for us students?
Brought in this (soon to fail) system known as (9-1) GCSE
Raised Uni fees to £9,250
Conservatives hate students, hate the middle and working class but love the rich
The Great Game
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tawheed)

Iraq = haven for Daesh

The Stockholm Syndrome is strong with this one.
truthteller010
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)

It's now 1.6 million
You deliberately ignore the fact that his approach to terrorism is entirely different, which doesnt need intelligence legislation that thus far has been unsuccessful and infringes into our privacy. These buzzwords you use to make Corbyn look like he doesnt care about terrorism is not working.
The Great Game
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You deliberately ignore the fact that his approach to terrorism is entirely different, which doesnt need intelligence legislation that thus far has been unsuccessful and infringes into our privacy. These buzzwords you use to make Corbyn look like he doesnt care about terrorism is not working.
Do you honestly think if we disbanded our army, gave no support to our intelligence services and told Daesh we're very very sorry for bombing them and we won't do it again, they'll just leave us alone?
truthteller010
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you honestly think if we disbanded our army, gave no support to our intelligence services and told Daesh we're very very sorry for bombing them and we won't do it again, they'll just leave us alone?
That's not what Corbyn is proposing. Try again, this time try not to make up what he said.
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I find the Conservative election campaign to be quite bizarre. Rather than focusing on what they have to offer the country, more time seems to be spent attacking Corbyn.This was meant to be the election that the Tories buried Labour, instead polls show a Labour resurgence and the Conservative lead has approximately halved in the last couple of weeks. I see undertones of both the Remain and Clinton campaigns in their strategy and we know how well that went (not that I see a Labour victory).
The Great Game
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's not what Corbyn is proposing. Try again, this time try not to make up what he said.
He wants to make deeper cuts to the armed forces and stop bombing Daesh. Are you sure you're paying attention to your own messiah?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
(Original post by mashbbk)
This could backfire for the tories. If we had Corbyn instead of Blair, we probably wouldn't have had 7/7 or all the other atrocities committed against us - because he doesn't want to get involved militarily in other mans business :rofl:.
9/11 and the US embassy bombings say what now.

Although foreign policy contributes, the rise of terrorism has its roots in the end of the cold war. The Soviets and US left the world to it to a larger degree.
truthteller010
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He wants to make deeper cuts to the armed forces and stop bombing Daesh. Are you sure you're paying attention to your own messiah?
This statement is different to what you said earlier. Make up your mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (135)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (30)
12%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.6%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.6%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.2%