The Student Room Group

GCSE WJEC Computer Science Greenfoot - Help!!

Hi, I have my Unit 2 exam for Greenfoot in 2 weeks and I'm super confused... I know what I'm supposed to be doing but I'm really confused about which version of Greenfoot I'm supposed to be using... My teacher sent out an e-mail just an hour ago saying that 'You guys have to use Greenfoot v2.4.2, NOT the latest version' and I just searched and WJEC just says a 'functional copy' and I've looked at their FAQs and it says the version that students should be most familiar with (which, for me, is the latest version)

Please can someone help clarify this for me?
When I did my GCSE it was what ever version the school has installed. Which version have you been using at the school? This should be the version you'll be using.

You might be able to ask for the newer version to be installed?
Sorry that I can't definitely tell you which version :frown:

If you've been learning at school with a version of greenfoot different to one you'll have in the practical it wouldn't be very good and you can put in a complaint :smile:
Original post by theOrangeJuice
When I did my GCSE it was what ever version the school has installed. Which version have you been using at the school? This should be the version you'll be using.

You might be able to ask for the newer version to be installed?
Sorry that I can't definitely tell you which version :frown:

If you've been learning at school with a version of greenfoot different to one you'll have in the practical it wouldn't be very good and you can put in a complaint :smile:

Thank you!! I think they're still going to use the older version even if I ask to use the newer version (for whatever reason, I don't know) but I think I'll be okay... I tried the older Greenfoot version last night with my current code and it should be fine, right?
Original post by wenqi.s
Thank you!! I think they're still going to use the older version even if I ask to use the newer version (for whatever reason, I don't know) but I think I'll be okay... I tried the older Greenfoot version last night with my current code and it should be fine, right?

I think so, I haven't used greenfoot in a long time but I think the newer version just has a different interface than the old one.

If your code doesn't work you can always look at the documentation that comes with greenfoot to see if any of their APIs have changed.

Best of luck , this was probably my favourite exam bit because of the practical programming :biggrin:
Original post by theOrangeJuice
I think so, I haven't used greenfoot in a long time but I think the newer version just has a different interface than the old one.

If your code doesn't work you can always look at the documentation that comes with greenfoot to see if any of their APIs have changed.

Best of luck , this was probably my favourite exam bit because of the practical programming :biggrin:

Thank you!!

Quick Reply