The Student Room Group

My Borderline personality disorder is getting worse

Hi, im new to TSR so il try to make this quickly.

So about a year ago i was diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder (Bpd). The man cause of it i think was that i was abandoned but also emotionally abused by my mother.
Since being diagnosed i havent really thought much of it but over time it seems to be getting worse. One day i can be fine ( or what i assume is fine) but then the next i can feel and act completly differnt. This has messed up my self-image and i dont how who i am or how i'm meant to act. When meeting new people i can get along with them well but i can also sometimes get too attached and fear abandonment, this makes it hard to maintain relationships with others as i get upset very easly and my mood swings make it harder to keep up a happy personality when with others.
Does anyone feel like this at all or am i just weird and unstabble?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DommDomm
Hi, im new to TSR so il try to make this quickly.

So about a year ago i was diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder (Bpd). The man cause of it i think was that i was abandoned but also emotionally abused by my mother.
Since being diagnosed i havent really thought much of it but over time it seems to be getting worse. One day i can be fine ( or what i assume is fine) but then the next i can feel and act completly differnt. This has messed up my self-image and i dont how who i am or how i'm meant to act. When meeting new people i can get along with them well but i can also sometimes get too attached and fear abandonment, this makes it hard to maintain relationships with others as i get upset very easly and my mood swings make it harder to keep up a happy personality when with others.
Does anyone feel like this at all or am i just weird and unstabble?

Hey :smile: sorry you feel like things are getting worse for you. I think a lot of these things are common to an extent, especially where people have a history of abuse or difficult relationships, but the thing with personality disorders (especially BPD) is how intense and changable these things are. You're not weird though, at all, or alone in it. Are you seeing any health professionals at the moment who you can talk to about this? It sounds like you could do with a bit more support- if you're not then I'd suggest going back to see your GP and seeing if they can pass you on to someone that could be of more help. There's quite a few people with BPD around the MH forum so hopefully one of them will see this and give you a better reply. Hope you manage to work things out a bit soon whatever happens :smile:
Reply 2
Hi, i suffer from BPD and feel ots getting worse. I was diagnosed 2 years ago. Since that time i got help and ended up in group therapy..this was a bad idea. As all they kept saying was they didnt know who i was. A group off 11 people and i have BPD what did they expect..Anyways i decided to leave group. It got me so stressed to a point i felt i wanted to harm the group therapist...so now im left alone. On meds that sometimes i dont take and feel like wasting my time with other therapist...dont know what to do anymore..dont socialize

Quick Reply

Latest