Why is Tom Watson almost invisible? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Arran90
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I hold a strong belief that if you want to understand a person then look at their deputy.

Tom Watson is almost the diametric opposite of Jeremy Corbyn. He comes from the right or the conservative faction of Labour. Possibly even neocon. He:

1. Voted for the Iraq War.

2. Voted consistently against an investigation into the Iraq war.

3. Is a committed Zionist and the Vice President of Trade Union Friends of Israel.

4. Is an Anglican.

5. Defends the FPTP election system to the hilt.

So, why is Tom Watson almost invisible?
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He's from the blue labour faction so not really a neocon.

It's not what people really refer to when they say the right ofg the labour party (which normally means blairite)
Arran90
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
There are different flavours of right in Labour.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Arran90)
I hold a strong belief that if you want to understand a person then look at their deputy.

Tom Watson is almost the diametric opposite of Jeremy Corbyn. He comes from the right or the conservative faction of Labour. Possibly even neocon. He:

3. Is a committed Zionist and the Vice President of Trade Union Friends of Israel.

4. Is an Anglican.

The speculation early on was that Corbyn was going to be allowed to take credit so that when he loses he can be directly accountable. If he achieves 31% of the vote though, he'll probably not have to resign and at that point Watson and co may have to attack or suck it up.
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Watson is no Corbynista and sending him out could end up making him look a viable alternative to the sheriff. He is the deputy only as a matter of internal compromise between the Corbynistas and the parliamentary group and is probably only too happy to stay in the shadow,instead of going out to promote something he may even think is politically suicidal.
HiViz9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Arran90)

4. Is an Anglican.

I have stated from day 1 that Tom Watson is THE rotten apple in the Labour Party. I could tell because NOT once has Watson ever cheered or applauded Corbyn in Parliament or on TV/Radio. Watson sits rigidly every time. This is the actions of a person uncomfortable living a lie.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (63)
23.42%
No (206)
76.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed