Tories field Amber Rudd in debate

Watch
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I really think, after the manifesto u-turn, the way they are increasingly just turning to 'not being Corbyn' as a selling point, they are looking very weak and panicked. (I also can't understand why they are not using David Davis more either, on Brexit et al)

To first of all refuse to debate was one thing, but now they compound the error and change their mind, but not in favour of May debating, instead the flip flop is doubly emphasized by fielding Rudd.

This will not work in their favour as they look hapless, and she will also only go on the defensive and talk about how she isn't Labour/Corbyn.
Potato456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Greens will win anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Midlander
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
I really think, after the manifesto u-turn, the way they are increasingly just turning to 'not being Corbyn' as a selling point, they are looking very weak and panicked. (I also can't understand why they are not using David Davis more either, on Brexit et al)

To first of all refuse to debate was one thing, but now they compound the error and change their mind, but not in favour of May debating, instead the flip flop is doubly emphasized by fielding Rudd.

This will not work in their favour as they look hapless, and she will also only go on the defensive and talk about how she isn't Labour/Corbyn.
Which makes it all the more important that Corbyn attends and rams home the fact that his policies are more popular and have more attempt at costing than the Tory manifesto. Mrs May should still edge this election as the Labour surge is too late I think, but she won't get the landslide she wanted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads