gabepg24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As OCR have changed the spec for the a level 2017 computing exams, I was wondering does anyone know what the grade boundaries for the two A2 tests are? The OCR website hasn't got them published so no help there...

Last year I got a B for AS levels, but unfortunately doesn't count this year.

Also, I got 66/70 (teacher graded) for my computing project and was wondering if that mark will go down after the examiner looks at the project and what % I'll need to get in the two tests to get a B overall?

So many questions, so little answers... Thanks
pixelstar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gabepg24)
As OCR have changed the spec for the a level 2017 computing exams, I was wondering does anyone know what the grade boundaries for the two A2 tests are? The OCR website hasn't got them published so no help there...

Last year I got a B for AS levels, but unfortunately doesn't count this year.

Also, I got 66/70 (teacher graded) for my computing project and was wondering if that mark will go down after the examiner looks at the project and what % I'll need to get in the two tests to get a B overall?

So many questions, so little answers... Thanks
Ok so I am not sure about the grade boundaries and how they have changed but I have heard that there is a possibility that the grade boundaries might be reduced as Computer Science is quite a difficult subject.

With regards to the Computing Project, there is a chance that the either the grade can go up and down according to the examiner's thoughts about your project and whether it meets the criteria correctly. My teacher told me that as long as the teacher provides evidence throughout your written project that you have completed tasks as per as the project guide provided by OCR, then the examiners will not reduce your marks. Do not forget that the examiners compare all of the projects completed by everyone in the class so if most of the projects have been marked incorrectly then this may affect everyone's overall grade for the project.

Good luck within your exam papers too!!
gabepg24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by pixelstar)
Ok so I am not sure about the grade boundaries and how they have changed but I have heard that there is a possibility that the grade boundaries might be reduced as Computer Science is quite a difficult subject.

With regards to the Computing Project, there is a chance that the either the grade can go up and down according to the examiner's thoughts about your project and whether it meets the criteria correctly. My teacher told me that as long as the teacher provides evidence throughout your written project that you have completed tasks as per as the project guide provided by OCR, then the examiners will not reduce your marks. Do not forget that the examiners compare all of the projects completed by everyone in the class so if most of the projects have been marked incorrectly then this may affect everyone's overall grade for the project.

Good luck within your exam papers too!!
Great thanks for the reply! The content itself isn't very difficult but it's the shear quantity of it that makes it difficult. It's good to know that the boundaries will be decreasing.
MRZ_2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gabepg24)
Great thanks for the reply! The content itself isn't very difficult but it's the shear quantity of it that makes it difficult. It's good to know that the boundaries will be decreasing.
Hi,
I'm planning to do Biology, Chemistry and Computer Science since I want to do medicine. I just want to know whether OCR computer science is really hard? I have been reading views about it and how difficult it is but truly speaking how hard is it to get an A or A* in Computer Science. I actually wanted to do Physics but there is no space left in my sixth form but there is another sixth form abit far away which would let me do all sciences,,,, so what dyu think shall I risk it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (47)
32.64%
No I don't (67)
46.53%
I work during the holidays (30)
20.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise