rdlewiss
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm 17 and I really want to pursue a career in the media industry such as marketing, advertising or PR and I'm looking for a job that relates somewhat to that. I know it's hard for a 17 year old to find a job in that industry, especially without experience or a degree but does anyone know what type of job would suit this or if there are any even available as most jobs in that field require at least a degree.
I would even be happy with an internship for the summer holiday
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rdlewiss)
I'm 17 and I really want to pursue a career in the media industry such as marketing, advertising or PR and I'm looking for a job that relates somewhat to that. I know it's hard for a 17 year old to find a job in that industry, especially without experience or a degree but does anyone know what type of job would suit this or if there are any even available as most jobs in that field require at least a degree.
It might be worth contacting local businesses in your area and explain the type of work you want and see if any will offer you some voluntary work
Nas_Sia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello, i can suggest you work. I will give you topics, you have to find information and write the article. The articles may be about business, SEO, travelling and so on. Payment depends on the size of articles. Besides, i will provide you with the structure of article and content.
Everything i need is good English without mistakes. if youre interested in, contect me here
Miss Rigsby
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i would like to do some articles for you if your interested.. i've done some freelance work
emma-prospela
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There would likely be a lot of unpaid internships out there. There is also a lot of demand for Social Media interns (which would probably be paid), which might be worth exploring!

Note: I run my own business called Prospela and we can match students looking to explore certain industries with real employees for careers advice & live insights to work life reality. It might be of interest to you!
Miss Rigsby
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i'm not a student but looking to gain more experience in the field and i'm based in Manchester.. i'm a graduate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.97%
Excited but a bit nervous (121)
45.83%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.88%
I'm really nervous (51)
19.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed