How come gay people are such talented geniuses?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Sarahsez
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Freddie Mercury, Alan Turing, Oscar Wilde, Dusty Springfield , Alexander The Great, Michelangelo, James Dean(bi, if that counts) Marlon Brando(bi), leonardo di vinci, Epaminondas etc

Gay people are such a tiny minority yet have given the world a lot.

Richard Nixon once said "If you look over the history of societies, you will find that some of the most highly intelligent people... were all homosexuals"

Are they wired differently?
AHappyStudent
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I think that you're just giving a list of people who are clever, famous and homosexual. There's probably an equal proportion of homosexual geniuses to heterosexual geniuses as there are homosexuals to heterosexuals, I don't think that there's a correlation between sexuality and intelligence.
Ladymusiclover
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
They're not all gay in the list though.
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I agree with the above posters. I dont think there is a link with being homosexual and being a "talented genius". I think it is down to intellect and one's desire to work hard.
Teutonic
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
There's literally no correlation here.
Them being successful wasn't based on the fact that they were gay.
Teutonic
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Also, Alexander The Great is gay? Since when?
SingAboutMe
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It may not be that gay people are intelligent, it may just be that liberally minded people are more likely to come out, and liberal people are more likely to be intelligent (I'm talking about actual liberalism, not the American misidentification of liberalism which is just leftism).
Jirga
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
No correlation.
LetMeLive
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Your sexuality has ZERO correlation to your intelligence.
Eternalflames
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Teutonic)
Also, Alexander The Great is gay? Since when?
He was bi, it's true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person...at#Hephaestion
username3118454
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Don't generalise. It's not nice.
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I also know a lot of gay folks who are dumb and talentless as f***, if that helps.

That's not a hate on gay folks btw, there are of course an alarming number of dumb and talentless straight people in the world too.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
I also know a lot of gay folks who are dumb and talentless as f***, if that helps.

That's not a hate on gay folks btw, there are of course an alarming number of dumb and talentless straight people in the world too.
Exactly.
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
troll thread
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
idk why there would be any correlation?
on another note there seems to be a lot of gay artistic people
i say that as one myself but it just seems a bit weird how art subjects always seem to have a greater proportion of gay ppls
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

There's also dumb gay people just like there is dumb straight people
LetMeLive
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Douglas Murray is gay as well
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
As a gay man, I'd like to point out that, while well intentioned, the fundamental principle suggested here is necessarily homophobic. There is no magical quality that makes gay people better or worse than anyone else. You can find talented gay men and women in any field, just as you can find many perfectly average and unassuming gay men and women who, while not changing the world, are equally valid.

Specifically, you shouldn't be trying to assign qualities (or otherwise) to people just because they're gay. Alan Turing wasn't a brilliant mathematician and computer scientist because he was gay, it was because he had a lifelong love of learning which is necessarily required to excel in those fields (he cycled some 50 miles to his first day of school when he changed to a new school in Southampton apparently). The same applies to the others; suggesting that their achievements are due to their sexuality both diminishes those achievements and the work put in to reach them, as well as implies some underlying mechanism for "gayness" which is extremely...disturbing (cf Nazism, eugenics).
nited2
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emerald7770)

There's also dumb gay people just like there is dumb straight people
You hate gays anyway so I dont think you're qualified to talk.
nited2
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I doubt it's true - Although I guess gay people who feel marginalised by society may be more inclined to climb the social ladder to make up for possible shortfalls. Even that is a bit of a stretch, this country isn't homophobic anymore (excluding the christian and muslim nutcases).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (16)
23.19%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (7)
10.14%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.8%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
14.49%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
23.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
23.19%

Watched Threads