Gracie182
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got conditional offers from York and Bath Spa. York being AAA and Bath BCC, but I don't feel as though I'd be happy in Bath. It's my insurance choice and I'm worried about not getting the grades I need for York and ending up there. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gracie182)
I got conditional offers from York and Bath Spa. York being AAA and Bath BCC, but I don't feel as though I'd be happy in Bath. It's my insurance choice and I'm worried about not getting the grades I need for York and ending up there. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
If you don't think you'd be happy there then don't chose it as your insurance (and if you have chosen it as insurance then contact them and UCAS and explain that you want to change you mind and decline their offer).

No insurance is better than an insurance you'd be unhappy with - then you'd be placed straight into clearing to look elsewhere if the worst happens instead of spending an already stressful results day hassling Bath to be placed into clearing.
SHUGURU
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gracie182)
Hi!

I totally agree with PQ on this one. If you know you won't be happy in Bath, don't even let it be an option for you!

When I got my results, I was in the position where I didn't get into my firm or insurance choice. I went through clearing (which was seriously easy to get through!), and I'm now in my second year at Sheffield Hallam where I'm seriously happy with my course, city and university experience so far.

I would suggest looking at other universities and courses to see which you like the look of, and either contacting UCAS to let them know that you'd like to change your mind and apply to another university (though it will cost if you've already applied to your five), or you will at least be prepared and know where you want to call if you do end up going through clearing! It's not worth going to a university you won't be happy at, believe me.

For the timebeing, keep working hard for your exams, and think about how you'll enjoy your summer before uni!

Good luck with everything

Ellie
Gracie182
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, thank you both for the advice! I just started worrying about it and thinking I was way too late to change my mind as I've already accepted the offers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%
Pop (108)
23.28%
Jazz (20)
4.31%
Classical (23)
4.96%
Hip-Hop (87)
18.75%
Electronic (37)
7.97%
Indie (74)
15.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise