I missed the deadline for accommodation. Help!

Watch
Nilliney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I had wanted to get accommodation in AUB, however missed the deadline! This is my first year of university, so I am trying my best to stay on top of everything. I don't know how I let myself miss a deadline like this, I scold myself for being so careless.

but is there anything I can do? I cannot live at home due to the fact I live way too far. (3 hrs away) So I really need accommodation
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nilliney)
I had wanted to get accommodation in AUB, however missed the deadline! This is my first year of university, so I am trying my best to stay on top of everything. I don't know how I let myself miss a deadline like this, I scold myself for being so careless.

but is there anything I can do? I cannot live at home due to the fact I live way too far. (3 hrs away) So I really need accommodation
https://aub.ac.uk/plan-visit-apply/a...modation-days/
Book in to a private accommodation day

Or https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/why-b...dation-options has information on the private halls and other options (student hotels ) in Bournemouth
ConfusedTurtle3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Email them for help!!
ConfusedTurtle3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also google Lulworth and Omnia Space student accommodation, they're alternatives I've also been looking at since AUB only allowed me to pick 1 option (Madeira Road) and their halls are heellllaa expensive
benferris7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey! I'm in my second year at AUB and didn't go into halls in my first year! AUB holds multiple 'accommodation days' in the summer where you can go along, find a group to live with and then go and find a student house (a lot of first years at AUB do this). I went to one of these and did manage to find a group and a house the same day! If not there is always alternatives such as private halls (expensive) or student hotels as others have said.You are going to love AUB, I definitely do. Word to the wise, Winton is the most student-y area in Bournemouth to live. Otherwise you have Charminster, Wallisdown and town! Good Luck
MercuryHouseBournemouth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nilliney)

Hi There,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. Just wanted to let you know about Mercury House Student Accommodation, we only opened a year ago and offer stylish and modern self-contained studios with en-suite bathrooms and kitchenette. We're right in the heart of Bournemouth Town Centre the accommodation has a great atmosphere Getting to university couldn’t be easier, it’s a easy 15 minute bus ride with the bus stop directly outside Mercury House.

Rent is inclusive of all bills, wifi, on site staff and contents insurance. Plus we also have a great social space with study area and plenty of social events throughout the year.

Take a look at our website or Facebook page for more info - http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/loca...mercury-house/

If you would like any further information or to arrange a viewing let us know.

Thanks,
Ruby @ Mercury House
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads