The Student Room Group

I feel like my life has been wasted by not being white!!!

Sometimes I wish I was born white. More opportunities, more freedom to do what I want (not toomuch because I know my limits), I'd have lighter eyes and I fancy white men etc

In all my time and in my personal experience I also find white people to be more tolerant and liberal and less judgemental compared to other races. It seems like life would be easier if i were white, particularly middle class white.

Scroll to see replies

Stop whining and live life
Reply 2
LOL your life is a self dejection. You sad no girls/guys are into you aswell? It might just be like that for the rest of your life
It's your own life, so why not live your life?

No one can force you or control you at the end of the day.

Just live and enjoy your life.
Original post by abc_123_
Well what colour are you? x
Also, sometimes being white isn't really easy my parents are trying to get me to go to Cambridge and that's so much pressure x

Lol pretty sure Asians have to deal with that pressure too x100
Don't apologise your race, you were born this way, you can't change so what? Either embrace it, work it and live life to the full or mope around feeling sad for yourself. Not everything is what it seems, hell there may be white people wishing they were a different race. If everyone isn't happy being themselves then we end up with a very insecure society.
Wtf was the point of even starting this thread? Be greatful of who u are ffs....
I see
(edited 6 years ago)
At least you weren't blown up last week - be grateful for what you have.

It seems like from what you've wrote,
You hate it a you fancy white guys? What's the issue?
Reply 9
Original post by Jack22031994
At least you weren't blown up last week - be grateful for what you have.

It seems like from what you've wrote,
You hate it a you fancy white guys? What's the issue?

I'm attracted to white men. But the main reason is that being white gives one more opportunities in life.
Original post by New Sign
LOL your life is a self dejection. You sad no girls/guys are into you aswell? It might just be like that for the rest of your life

When have I ever said that???
Original post by Anonymous
Sometimes I wish I was born white. More opportunities, more freedom to do what I want (not toomuch because I know my limits), I'd have lighter eyes and I fancy white men etc

In all my time and in my personal experience I also find white people to be more tolerant and liberal and less judgemental compared to other races. It seems like life would be easier if i were white, particularly middle class white.

this is definitely not the right way to think but because no one else has said it - I 100% get you and have the same (wrong) mindset
You sound Indian.
At least you got something from this thread you never got and probably never will in the real word, attention.
Original post by Anonymous

I understand where you're coming from, but I am proud of my heritage even though I am not white. :smile: It makes me feel more unique and different, which I like. I can identify with white people, people from other races/ethnicities, and people within my own race/ethnicity and value them all equally. :smile:

Do you think you would have a better chance of attracting white men if you were white yourself? Is that the issue there? Well, it never stopped white guys from being attracted to me. So, I don't see why it should be a problem unless you are conventionally unattractive which in that case has nothing to do with your race tbh.

However, there are plenty of white people who are very conservative, less tolerant, and judgemental so I don't really agree with your experiences but fair enough because there are definitely white people who are as you say they are. :smile:
No because I have to be more successful than my dad so I don't disappoint him and he's already really successful so I don't think I can do it x

Isn't that a ridiculous way to live your life? Cambridge is neither necessary nor sufficient for success.
Reply 16
This is pretty pathetic. Instead of blaming your shortcomings​ on your skin colour evaluate your character to find out why you've failed. If this post is anything to go by, it seems to be you don't want to accept responsibility for your actions and want to place the blame on others. This tells me a whole lot about you. Also, if anything your problems are more likely to do with class, wealth or social status rather than skin colour. It's just that white people are natives to this country so they're more likely to already have those things passed down from generation.

My advice​ to you would be to evaluate your character as I said above and work on fixing those things rather than acting like a petulant child and not accepting responsibility.
(edited 6 years ago)
You have no less opportunities than "white" individuals.
Well not according to my dad :rolleyes:

I get the same pressure but I shrug it off. Take it on the chin and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being a white male sucks, I'd rather be Asian (not Korean or chinise/Japanese tho) or black.

Quick Reply