The Student Room Group

Home schooled CIE A-levels

With only a few exams left for my IGCSE's, it seems I might not be able to join a sixth form to study my A-levels. So I've been wondering how exactly I would do self studied A-levels.

Since I did my IGCSE's with the CIE exam board, I plan to keep using it.

I wish to take these subjects for A-levels:

- Math
- Further Math (syllabus requires to know all of M1, M2, S1, and S2 from math)
- Physics
- Chemistry

Yep, I know these are what I like most.

I am predicted A/A* for all my subjects and I also take IGCSE Additional Math (which is the pure math content of AS level math)

I already had self-study/home-school experience in Grade 8/Y9 and from crappy teachers at my school.

After a long list of some facts, here are the questions:

- What are the best textbooks for the subjects I chose? (remember, CIE exam board)
- Any useful websites that can help on these subjects?
- Where can I get the past papers?
- Is my university choice affected because of not actually going to a sixth form?

Any help is appreciated.
lol Enggirl don't be so nosey

& to OP -- uplearn.co.uk < try this? however I do not know if they have the CIE exam board on them. I know they have maths, physics and chem but i'm not sure about further. I think it does cost something but I suppose it's worth it. I plan to use it in September because of all the new specs, only a very select few subjects are released; but it's perfect timing for you considering it's all released when you start school. I actually found out about it through TSR myself, and I did a day trial and thought it was pretty good.
Reply 2
Original post by draculaura
lol Enggirl don't be so nosey

& to OP -- uplearn.co.uk < try this? however I do not know if they have the CIE exam board on them. I know they have maths, physics and chem but i'm not sure about further. I think it does cost something but I suppose it's worth it. I plan to use it in September because of all the new specs, only a very select few subjects are released; but it's perfect timing for you considering it's all released when you start school. I actually found out about it through TSR myself, and I did a day trial and thought it was pretty good.

Thanks, looks like they will have CIE from September 2017 :biggrin:, which is great! They don't have further, at least for now though. I will definitely try it out at some point.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest