Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else received the info pack and the forms? i am utterly and TOTALLY confused!! anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have them, and yes they are some confusing little nippers

ReputationRep:
    the info pack on what? i've only got the accommodation stuff so far, with the contract that i've already sent back. i guess theres much more to come

ReputationRep:
    Its just a pack with a booklet on how to do stuff when you satrt at uni and a load of forms about health, ID card and financial stuff. You will get one soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    Its just a pack with a booklet on how to do stuff when you satrt at uni and a load of forms about health, ID card and financial stuff. You will get one soon
    right thanks.

ReputationRep:
    What we got folks ?

Registration documents for paying your Tuition
    Accommodation Contracts
    Level One Module Guide
    University Health Service registration

???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    What we got folks ?

Registration documents for paying your Tuition
    Accommodation Contracts
    Level One Module Guide
    University Health Service registration

???
    for me i havnt got this infor pack yet. i got the accomm contracts the day after results - reading through, they really go on about keeping it clean don't they. i would anyway, but the way they say it makes it sound like you'll get chucked out if you don't wash up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyitfc)
    for me i havnt got this infor pack yet. i got the accomm contracts the day after results - reading through, they really go on about keeping it clean don't they. i would anyway, but the way they say it makes it sound like you'll get chucked out if you don't wash up!
    Effectively it's just saying that yes the cleaning staff will hoover/mop up and wipe the sinks down and such, but they won't actually do the washing of the pots for you, just move them to one side so that they can clean the sink.

Also, if the rooms are so messed up that they can bearly get in - they'll open the door, turn back round and close the door again.

In short, they get paid to clean, not to tidy.

ReputationRep:
    Expression, those are the forms or thereabouts.

Spent the afternoon trying to make sense and fill them out.

If u haven't already got them, u can still prepare, u need two passport-size photos, one for a U Card and one for the health service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabzp)
    Expression, those are the forms or thereabouts.
    Fair enough - things haven't changed a whole lot then.

I'll see if I can collar some of this years paperwork from University House in the next couple of days so that I can relate to what you are having to fill in.

Gunna have to disappear anyway. Union's on limited opening until Freshers Week !

ReputationRep:
    so why do some ppl have accommodation stuf and other ppl have registration stuf??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickleangel)
    so why do some ppl have accommodation stuf and other ppl have registration stuf??
    and some neither!

I only got my letter of confirmation this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickleangel)
    Oh i got my UCAS AS12 form through on saturday and my accommodation stuff through too.. i'm assuming you get the info pack once the UCAS stuff's been processed by the uni, or something?! Or maybe once the accommodation contract's been processed?!

ReputationRep:
    I also have neither. All I've received thus far is the letter of confirmation... hopefully something will come in this morning's post...

ReputationRep:
    i got the accommodation stuff this mornin..im in sorby! was hoping for earnshaw but luckily my friend's in sorby as well!

ReputationRep:
    This morning's post came... and I still didn't have anything :rolleyes: Hopefully, tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    I have the info pack but not the accommodation? Anyone else in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    i was ther yday! i think the're jst staggerin the posting? there's way too many forms to fill in!!

ReputationRep:
    If it's any help, i've still not got mine yet... i'll give them al call tomorrow to see if they've forgot about me.

Does anybody know where we pick our keys for accommodation up from when we arrive? (sorry if this has been answered before)

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are staggering the posting.
    This is the booklet we got from accomodation, it should answer most of your questions, including the one abotu key collection:

http://www.shef.ac.uk/content/1/c4/51/07/InfoPart1.pdf

Hope this helps x

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 28, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.